General ⇒ FAQ (Frequently Answered Questions) :: Archives ⇒ maintenance mode :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexFAQ (Frequently Answered Questions)

Archived ⇒ maintenance mode

I've just finished the install on my local host machine and set up a test site to get familiar with the software (first time user). At first, I thought there was a problem with the install because when I tried to open the site it says "Maintenance
We're doing a bit of work on our site, so we'll be down for a while.
Check back later to see if we're up." But at the end of the instalation, it let me log on as an admin and I can navigate through the site but at the top of each page it says: "System Message
You are running under maintenance mode" so I believe I may have something set wrong. Is this normal or do I have an installation problem? and if it is normal, how do I turn off maintenance mode so that I can begin setting up my site?
thanks in advance for any help.
Chris

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
windows/2/5/5/9

Got to the Main settings option in the admin panel. There select 'no' for the option which asks for the status of Maintenance mode. The default installation puts the system under maintenance mode. Don't worry it is no issue!

Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

ccrittrs wrote
how do I turn off maintenance mode so that I can begin setting up my site?

Thats the reason why the site is in maintenance. As admin you can set it up and get only the red warning, all othe visitors will get the full maintenance warning message.

So if you want to set up your site, keep it on and when you are happy switch it off.

+ 2 cents

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

that worked; thank you guys, very much.
Chris

windows/2/5/5/9