Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ Newsletter Pro Module: Errors when adding a newsletter :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Archived ⇒ Newsletter Pro Module: Errors when adding a newsletter

I am geting the following error when I try to add a newsletter

On /admin.php?op=Newsletter_Pro&file=newsletter
While executing query "SELECT lid, title, hits FROM cms_downloads_downloads ORDER BY lid DESC LIMIT 1"

the following error occured: Unknown column 'hits' in 'field list'

In: /modules/Newsletter_Pro/admin/newsletter.inc on line: 179

What should I do

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
CMS Version 9.2.1/PHP Version 5.2.8/MySQL Version 4.1.22-max-log (client: 5.0.45)

You can try to get help from where ever you download the module from.

Melinda wrote
Support for Newsletterpro should come from the author: musox.com/
according to his site:
musox.com wrote

....Then I somewhat switched the site's focus as a repository for modules/add-ons for Dragonfly CMS. However, due to events of egos, I will not be supporting/creating any more modules. If there was a download once available here for Dragonfly... check dfbounty.org. Otherwise... you're out of luck.

He is not supporting his own module. It is still avaliable for download on dfbounty, maybe they will help you as he said.

Author found here: www.dfbounty.org/Downl...id=12.html

We do not support it.

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

hmm, normally yes - unfortunately the alternate support site for that mod, dfbounty, is also out of action for now. In the interim, hopefully someone who knows the issue will spot it here.

DFBounty to the best of my knowledge has revived itself and has been online definitely from yesterday afternoon. Check there for solutions to your issues.

Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

Did you setup Newsletter Pro to use the regular Downloads or the Downloads Pro mod?

EHP Webmaster
www.ehpdesigns.com

Linux OS / Apache 1.3.34 / MySQL 4.1.22 / PHP 4.4.7/ DF 9.1.2.1

Regular Download & Pro

CMS Version 9.2.1/PHP Version 5.2.8/MySQL Version 4.1.22-max-log (client: 5.0.45)

hqccg wrote
Regular Download & Pro

Assuming you've tried both (because unless you tweak the code, you can use both at the same time). Unfortunately I won't have any time to look at your issue until next week at the earliest.

EHP Webmaster
www.ehpdesigns.com

I have a modified version of Newsletter Pro available for download on my site. In a nutshell it is setup to use WeblinksPro and ForumsPro (so if you don't use both of these then it would be pointless to install this) and it may correct the issue you're experiencing.

EHP Webmaster
www.ehpdesigns.com

I get this same error. I'm not a php whiz, I managed to disable the download component, as it's not very important for me yet.

I had to comment out sections around line 179 and 489.

I've successfully tested it once, maybe if I switch to Downloads Pro it will fix this? I may give it a try later with the original file. (this is for verion 3.4.4

-personman

Linux 2.6.24.5/Apache 2.2.9/MySQL 5.0.67/PHP 5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

It works the new newsletterpro.inc file did the job thanks big time.