General ⇒ Announcements ⇒ 9.2.0.RC2 ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexAnnouncements

9.2.0.RC2 Reply to topic

A release candidate have been pulled out.

Before upgrading check if your theme and your modules are compatible.
More info about the required changes are available in our cvs forums.

Again, themes and modules need a few little tweaks to be compatible.

Useful links
theme level changes
module level changes

Just a reminder for my self:
TO DO

[edit]added "to do"[/edit]

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Last edited by NanoCaiordo on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:19 am; edited 4 times in total

Please excuse me if this is in the wrong place or if the answer to my question is on this site and I didn't find it.

I am watching the CVS and the overall development of DF from the end-user(admin) perspective and I am always excited about news like this. But then I have to ask myself the question: What exactly am I excited about?

What I am aiming at is some source for the non-professional users of this great CMS. I do know that a lot of work is being put into the code and the whole project, but as a non-techy I cannot really estimate what the new version might bring for the daily use, what the developers are targetting and what the bigger picture is.

Like this RC: I got it from the many posts that a new block system is being integrated. I also do know that modifications to the current modules and themes is needed.... but this is basically all I know about the new RC.

What else (if there is something to begin with) are the future releases going to bring to us? Are there significant enhancements that also influence the usability and the features of DF or is it merely code-optimization? What is the plan in terms of features for the next releases?

I have tried to find some info on the roadmap and the changelog of this site but info is vague or outdated. What I would love to have is a bit more transparency for the average admin-Joe on what the future might bring and what can be expected of DF.

Please feel free to kill me if the answer is obvious and I just failed to see it ! Smile

Linux 2.6.17.8/MySQL: 4.1.22/PHP: 4.4.8/DF: 9.2.1.1

Great post.

This release wants to give more flexibility to site owners:
the new block system and an improved security admin console.

It also aims an improved security and faster admin pages and it wants to stay ahead in regards of IPv6 and RDBMS (mysql and postgresql).

Not a lot for the user-end side, but a lot for site owners, search engines and browsers.

Code optimization and more flexibility for site owners are the results.

Yep the answer is there young one if you look hard enough. The new 9.1.2.8rc not only has a new block system which give the everyday admin more options and feature to use to control there blocks. Also included is a nice upgraded security system with more control and new features.

Tutorials for both can be found here www.dizfunkshunal.com/...id=13.html

Multiple Setups

Will be looking immediately at the tutorial. I am seriously baffled by this huge change in the blocks system.

Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

A couple of more things which are very important as well.

DragonflyCMS install, upgrade and runs on MySQL 5 with STRICT_TRANS_TABLE on!

Lot of html have been moved to template files, freeing up the core and modules. This was an HUGE task to do and it required lot of time and effort, thanks to Phoenix!

This confirm a smooth upgrade Smile

Can I confirm 9.2 module compatibility please?

If a module works in 9.1 and does not use ip addresses in any way then it will work in 9.2? That seems to be the only thing listed in the module tweaks.

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Correct, thats the only thing that needs to be changed. If a module doesn't use it then its 100% compatible.

New link to the new block and security system tutorials. www.dizfunkshunal.com/...id=19.html

Multiple Setups

OK, downloaded and installed - no problems.
Running thru all the admin features...

! Love the new blocks administration !
? Main Settings - P3P ? Can someone explain what this does?
? Security - difference between IP Ban and IP Shield?

Looks good! Thanks for all the hard work! Smile 👏

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1

P3P its a privacy policy editor (we sent P3P headers), you may dig into it or just leave default settings which are perfect in all browsers.

Be warned, editing P3P can cause browser to block your cookies or send a warning to the user because your edited P3P and the browser policies doesn't match.

ip ban = ban an ip or a range
ip shield = shield an ip or a range (white list)

1)the new blocks admin page is really cool, perhaps some little questionmarks which show little help tooltips when on mouseover would be great to help pleople who use the new system for the first time

2)i saw that on one of my sites the signatures who have images dont show the image, if a user inserts an image with bbcode in his signature, the image wont show up in the forum or on your profile page ... is this an option you can disable/enable somewhere?

3)for the future i have two big wishes (it almost xmas Wink ), the modules and blocks admin pages could be improved even more ... for example i have a website and the news module installed, now it would be really great if i could setup different blocks to show on the article page, other blocks on the topics page and for example no blocks on the submit page ... i found a way who perhaps could solve this, you simply need to splitt the module, create an addon for every page, instead of having one big news module, you could splitt it into addons, one addon to mage topics, one addon for the submit page and so ...

the second wish an easy way to copy a blocks setup from one module to another, an easy solution would be to add tabs to the blocks admin page, the first tab is always there and has a default blocks setup, then you can create new tabs ... in the admin addons (modules) page you choose could allow the admin to choose a blocks setup for every addon (module) ... for example you setup three tabs of blocks, and then go to the addons page and for every addon you chosse if you want to the default tab or choose one you created ... this could help admins to save a lot of time when setting uo a new website

Linux (infong 2.4) - 1.3.33 - 5.0.45-log (client: 5.0.18) - 5.2.4 - 9.1.2.1

this could help admins to save a lot of time when setting uo a new website
delete all blocks, add one block at the time while selecting in which module and in which side it needs to go.

NanoCaiordo wrote
this could help admins to save a lot of time when setting uo a new website
delete all blocks, add one block at the time while selecting in which module and in which side it needs to go.

oO best, i missed that ...

but what about number 2) could you give me a hint why images dont show in my sigs, i have no time to search in the source right now Wink

i want to come back shorty to the other idea i had yesterday, it would be great if you could setup blocks on the index page of a module and also setup another set of blocks for the mainpage, if you would add an option to addon install files "cpg_inst", for example:

function News() { $this->pages = array('index', 'mainpage', 'submit'); }

after you have installed the module, you go to the blocks administration page and can setup blocks for the three page-types defined in the install page

Linux (infong 2.4) - 1.3.33 - 5.0.45-log (client: 5.0.18) - 5.2.4 - 9.1.2.1