Support ⇒ Explain Please :: Archives ⇒ [9.2.x] How to Move Blocks :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexExplain Please

Archived ⇒ [9.2.x] How to Move Blocks

i have just installed the latest DF RC2, it's a fresh site.
I want to move the blocks up and down but don't seem to have this feature (i cant find) in the latest version.
Can someone assist me please.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/2.0.61/5.0.45/5.2.4/DF9.2RC

Please fill in your www and your specs (You have been a member long enough to know this is needed for support)

If you are unable to move the blocks it could be a result of the theme you are using. Which we do not know because you have not filled in your WWW. Also this question has been answered multiple times, using search would have given you the answer.

Inspite of this here is the answer:

In the default theme, from blocks admin, to drag the block name in the 'tree' structure to where you want it placed.
If you can not see this structure it may be a result of your theme.

This first screen shot is the default theme the second screen shot is another theme (XtremeThemes) as you can see this theme does not have the tree.

1)You can either ask the theme creator to update the theme, or ask them to show you how,
2)or you can change temporarily to the default theme, make your changes, then activate the theme which is not compliant.

DF TIPS | Upgrade| Find Your Signature Specs|
"A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation. "

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Last edited by Mel on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

DF 9.2 RC has an all new Blocks administration system. What Mel has shown seems to be snaps of the 9.1.2.1 Blocks administration.

As for your problem 2DNED, you see the various links on the left namely Admin, community forums etc. Click one of those then arrange the Blocks position on that page as you want and click update. Simple! Any doubts feel free to ask.

Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

Thanks catchimran, didn't even see he posted RC2.
Subject heading corrected to show this is related to the RC2 which may help other users.

2DNED NEEDS TO FILL IN HIS WWW and server specs!!!!! Wink

Welcome Melinda. I know all too well how to make mistakes! But still no excuses for not filling up the specs.

Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

ok, i still don't get it.
ive added an image of what i see which has no tree file,
sorry thought my spec were there after that last time i was abused for the same thing. my site will be added in a day, i have a reason for not adding it atm plus all my sites are in maintance mode atm.

Worked it out,
lol 9 hours into the new year and already having a brain block..
think i better get some sleep...

*Note to admin, feel free to delete this thread.

No it will stay.
Others can use the information, now that I have made your subject heading searchable.

If you look at the capture 2DNED posted - Can someone please explain to me what that pin needle is doing there? I have tried moving it around but I just can't see where it is of any use.
Also when moving my cursor over the icons under the "Move" coloumn I get the forbidden mark on the cursor. What are these for if they can not be used for anything?

I am using the themes that came with RC2 and it look exactly like 2DNED's capture.
A dummies guide on how to use this new blocks admin is a good idea Wink

Linux 2.4.28 - Linux srv60 2.6.12.6 / Apache / 4.0.22 - 4.1.22 - 5.0.22 -5.0.32 / 4.3.11 - 4.4.2 - 4.4.4 - 5.2.5 / 9.0.6.1 - 9.1.2.1 - 9.2.0.RC2

click on it and hold move it off of that right menu and drop it allows that right menu to float and follow you down the page or keeps it pinned in place.

Heres your dummy guide www.dizfunkshunal.com/...id=19.html

Multiple Setups

And here's a list of dummy tutorials for those who look,
dragonflycms.org/Digest/c=9.html
(also listed under Documentation)

Ubuntu/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.6.34/PHP 7.1.22/DragonFly 10.0.48.9418