Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Coppermine :: Archives ⇒ .jpg changes to .jpeg when batch added to the database. :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks Coppermine ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ .jpg changes to .jpeg when batch added to the database.

I have 2 sites I am working with. One is Dragonfly, and the other is just plain Coppermine. In one case I am using the same images on both sites. They are hosted on the same server so I symlinked a DF user gallery to the CPG location.

When I upload pictures, I FTP them to the CPG site's folder and they have are .jpg. I batch add them and everything goes fine. When I go to batch add them to DF's gallery, they are added and all the extensions change to .jpeg. WHY? Where is this set, and what can I do to fix it? I did a linux "rename" to switch them back, and then ran a mysql "update" to fix the database. I would like to prevent it from happening in the future though.

CPG does not touch file extensions, but DF does, therefore I assume this is a DF issue.

-mpyusko

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

I had same problem with Downloads_Pro on my site lately :S

-

I suppose I should add the specs for the site I am using...

-mpyusko

php.net/image_type_to_extension

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.7 / PHP 7.3 / head

found in the imaging.inc file:
// http://php.net/image_type_to_extension if(!function_exists('image_type_to_extension')) { function image_type_to_extension($imagetype, $include_dot=true) { $dot = $include_dot ? '.' : ''; switch($imagetype) { case IMAGETYPE_GIF : return $dot.'gif'; case IMAGETYPE_JPEG : return $dot.'jpg'; case IMAGETYPE_PNG : return $dot.'png'; default : return false;

this does not explain why I'm having this problem

-mpyusko

this problem with Downloads Pro was resolved with an updated imaging.inc file: dragonflycms.org/Forum...tml#131978
Might fix it here also?

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1

/********************************************* CPG Dragonfly™ CMS ******************************************** Copyright © 2004 - 2005 by CPG-Nuke Dev Team http://dragonflycms.org Dragonfly is released under the terms and conditions of the GNU GPL version 2 or any later version $Source: /cvs/html/includes/imaging/imaging.inc,v $ $Revision: 9.5 $ $Author: djmaze $ $Date: 2005/12/17 04:05:50 $ **********************************************/

-mpyusko

9.7 - 8/20/2007 = workaround for dragonflycms.org/Proje...d=965.html by forcing the return of .jpg.

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1