Support ⇒ Explain Please :: Archives ⇒ How does email notification of posts operate? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexExplain Please

Archived ⇒ How does email notification of posts operate?

email notification depends on 2 factors:
  • a valid email address that does not bounce or divert to spam notices from DF
  • you selecting to receive notifications for all posts or on a specific topic basis

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

I got that notification Phoenix, did you have to do something to my account? Can my members get emails disabled if they had temporary server problems? If so how do I check and re-enable?

Cheers,

Ronin
Ronin Technologies
Dragonfly Google Maps Module

Ubuntu 14.04 / 2.4.7 / 5.5.37 / 5.5.9 / 9.4.0.0

hmm, no change here - I simply posted a response.

AFAIK the system simply sends out 1 email to you and is not concerned with what happens to it after that (continued attempts would be most undesirable).

So, it could be bounced by your email server or end up in spam, but later on it will continue to send notices if and when topics are responded to, until you un-subscribe from that particular topic.

Thanks Phoenix, thats what I thought. Strange...

Cheers,

Ronin
Ronin Technologies

I've just split these few posts out of your main topic - might come in handy for someone else one day Smile

Oh, and I don't recall any method of preventing/enabling users receiving post notifications, other than to make it invisible, but that won't stop prior requests for notifications. You would have to directly edit the cms_bbtopics_watch table for specific/all users.

(also removed your question in the last post of the other topic)

This is really weird. I wasn't receiving notifications in this (original) thread (even though I started it). Then I received one for your second to last post, but I didn't get one for your last post. Confused I've had no other issues with email lately so I don't think its my mail server. I'm subscribed to many threads on many other sites and have had no problems getting notified by them.

Cheers,

Ronin
Ronin Technologies

Most likely because it was a split topic and also none of your posts here have the "Notify me" box checked.

Having posted that, I have now checked the "Notify me" box in your last post and posted this, so you should receive 1 notification from these two posts.