Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ CPG-BB (forum) :: Archives ⇒ Show categories only on forums index page :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks CPG-BB (forum) ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Show categories only on forums index page

I was wondering if there's any way to have only the Forum categories visible on the primary Forum page, as opposed to having the categories and Forums showing.

-Ann

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/PHP Version 5.2.17 MySQL Version 5.5.32-log (client: 5.5.32)/Dragonfly 9.3.4.0

Like this? Just use a category ID that you don't have and change your menu link to that URL.

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

BrokenCrust wrote
Like this? Just use a category ID that you don't have and change your menu link to that URL.

Category ID that I don't have?

Sorry...just a little confused by what you mean...
--Ann

Linux/PHP Version 5.2.17 MySQL Version 5.5.32-log (client: 5.5.32)/Dragonfly 9.3.4.0

Since you still have not provided a working WWW on your profile we will assume you are not using forumsPro, therefore your post moved to the appropriate forum.

DF TIPS | Upgrade| Find Your Signature Specs|
"A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation. "

Melinda wrote
Since you still have not provided a working WWW on your profile we will assume you are not using forumsPro, therefore your post moved to the appropriate forum.

No, I just have the latest version of Dragonfly with the standard Forum setup. I'm sorry, I should put the URL, but I have several I've built. This is just one of them. I suppose I should just pick one and go...

Re: ForumsPro. If I installed it, can I transfer the threads from the standard Forum module over to it?
--Ann

Click on a category in your forums. Now look at the URL. In it you will find c=XX (where XX is a number). This is the category ID for that category. You should also notice that all the other categories do not have their forums shown. So if you change the ID in the URL to a category ID that you don't have (for example to 99) then all the category will show no forums.

Now you can use this URL in your menu or link to give a view of your forum where only categories are shown and no forums.

Ann,

I believe most of the questions relate to your writers guild? The forum you use most or request support for would be a good start.
If you have a specific question for just one of your sites then place the link in the post so the person providing support can go to it directly.

It really helps those who are trying to help you because many times by viewing your site they dont have to ask you so many questions.
This saves time.

Besides, its required for support. Wink

Appreciate your willingness to update this information for us.

Thanks BrokenCrust for your help.

Melinda - I'll update my information now. I just have to get the specific server specs for the server for you. I'll at least add the present URL I'm working on.

Thanks so much!
--Ann

Ann,

Your welcome. If you decide to use ForumsPro, please use the developers forums for support: www.myndworx.com/

Many of your questions for forumpro may have already been asked on that site.

If you can not find your answers their or by using search here, you may ask in Modules & Blocks forum here, but please indicate in your subject heading you are using ForumsPro.

Thanks