Languages and alternative language support ⇒ i18n - l10n (languages) ⇒ Newly installed languages not showing ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Indexi18n - l10n (languages)

Newly installed languages not showing Reply to topic

Hello,

I am running v9.2.1. I just installed several language packs. I have activated site-wide multi-lingual features. I have tried using both flags and a drop-down box, however I cannot see any other language except English. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.23.16-grsec / 1.3.39 / 5.0.45 / 5.2.5 / 9.2.1

Ok...Welcome to Dragonfly community.
You choose not to include the information we need, at registration in order for us to help you so please read this

dragonflycms.org/Wiki/id=112.html

Which would also give us the version.

Your WWW is not dragonfly website.
Please list your dragonflyCMS website.

dragonflycms.org/Wiki/id=58.html#4l

By the way, what is your native language?

DF TIPS | Upgrade| Find Your Signature Specs|
"A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation. "

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Hello,

I have updated my stats. My CMS site is only up for testing at the moment, and I don't wish to give it out just yet.

Do you have any suggestions as to why the new languages are not showing in the sidebar? They are showing in the language management module.

My native language is English.

Thanks.

Last edited by schwabische on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thank you for updating your signature. We will honor your request and keep your website private.

I am copying & pasting a portion of your pm to me, in this thread, so those wanting to help will have the same information.

'schwabische wrote

...I think the problem lies in that I am using the "Install a new language pack from our CVS" function, and it's not putting any files into the language sub-folders, at least the ones that look like they should be there. If this is not the way I should be doing it, then it's strange that the language names and flags appear. My folders have the correct attributes...

Now that we know you used CVS files it may help to resolve this issue.
I do not use CVS files.
Why not use the files that came with the 9.2.1 release?
CVS files are installed differently.

One of our staff should be on shortly and may be able to provide some insight.
(If one our members is not able to assist you sooner.)

DF TIPS | Upgrade| Find Your Signature Specs|
"A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation. "

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Thanks for the reply. I am not at home at the moment, so I don't know the structure of what I originally downloaded.

I manually downloaded a few language packs. The French zip file has the "install/..." and "language/french/..." folders included. The German has only the "german/..." folder. I figured out that I only need to load the relevant language subfolder. I copied these two folders up to the server and now I see the flags, and am able to select the languages.

I'm not sure why the packs have different structures, but I'm just glad to be able to get them installed. I will install the rest of the languages tonight.

Cheers.