Miscellaneous ⇒ Server Chat ⇒ Web Hosting Pad ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexServer Chat

Web Hosting Pad Reply to topic

I was looking for a new host and came across Web Hosting Pad. They have been rated the top host by several sites, but not sure if they're really that good. So I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about them or are using them. Here's their website www.webhostingpad.com/ .

Also can you anyone suggest a good host, don't want to pay more than $60 bucks a year...

Thx,
Heckler Very Happy

Phone Rumors | My Solution Manuals | My Online Money Guide | Premium WordPress Themes

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / 1.3.37 (Unix) / 4.1.21-standard / 4.4.6 / 9.2.1

dragonflycms.org/Forum...ic/t=5700/

DF TIPS | Upgrade| Find Your Signature Specs|
"A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation. "

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Check out the link block on my site. They are certainly top-ranked. And have given me very good problem-free service over the years.

I think that complies with the rules...

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

layingback wrote

I think that complies with the rules...

Yup 👏

DF TIPS | Upgrade| Find Your Signature Specs|
"A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation. "

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

I think Inlinehosting.com is good. I am currently using them. It used to be ran by BigErn75, but since then he let his partner take over. Their basic package is under $60.00USD. Check them out. Very Happy

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1

Any company advertising high disk space and large amounts of bandwidth for a few dollars a month is a joke. I have one of those deals right now that i am trying to get away from. There server are way over crowded and your constantly calling there support to tell them the server load keeps redlining causing server lag. I fully recommend if you can get a cheap dedicated box from dedicatednow.com for 70.00 a month you can get an entire server with cpanel and not be restricted by shared hosting, have to worry if your host is just a reseller. True hosts really own there datacenter and the hard ware in them., You don't have to worry about a bad script crashing the server, don't have to worry about the hosting company's employees reading your private email or making copies of you personal data. All in all private box would be your best bet. Does inlinehosting.com own there datacenter? or do they rent there boxes from a real host? Just curios.

Multiple Setups

Dizfunkshunal wrote
Does inlinehosting.com own there datacenter? or do they rent there boxes from a real host? Just curios.

That should be the question for Inlinehosting.com, not me. All I know that the company located in TX and their servers is also located in TX. (as I was told a while back).

Also, dedicated server still located at the co-location. The only thing different is that you are not sharing the disk space / bandwidth with anyone.

Dizfunkshunal wrote
You don't have to worry about a bad script crashing the server, don't have to worry about the hosting company's employees reading your private email or making copies of you personal data.

Are you sure about that? Because the Web Host still own the server. That's mean upgrades, running scripts etc... still required. (to my knowledge anyway)

I honestly cant say for every dedicated host. When i had my box at dedicatednow.com I had to do the software upgrades and such. Only time there employees got on the server was when the motherboard and ram chips had to be replaced. At least to my knowledge. And even then I had to provide them with root password so they could access the server. If there is a chance of privacy being violated is very min. chance. With a dedicated box you not sharing anything but the network. cpu, ram, etc., all the resources on the box are used only by what you put on the box. You don't have 1000+ other people sites on the same box.

Company and server located in Texas? servers yes, company doubt it. I know if my company is located in Texas I wouldn't have my mail sent to a P.O. Box in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. That would be one heck of a drive just to get your mail.

Multiple Setups

You *can* get shared hosting that works at a reasonable price! It *does* require that they own their own servers usually - there's not enough room for 2 profit margins. I didn't think we were allowed to mention names, but the ISP recommended on my site meets the above, has been top ranked since day 1, and I have had only 3 cases of any downtime in 5 years on 5 accounts. And those 3 events consisted of the ISP's server site move - to drastically improve connection to 'Net, a server upgrade (for everyone, and to SAN's), and 1 server failure. And no downtime was greater than 1 hour - including the move! Bandwidth and disk space have increased every year for 5 years, but price is unchanged. And I have only needed to call them for tech issues TWICE. And it's located in California, where Heckler is - as if that matters Wink

And for next 2 months you can get 2 years of service for only a couple of bucks a year over Heckler's target. There may be other benefits as well, but I daren't mention them here.

Link to my site in in my sig - under www.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

Dizfunkshunal wrote
I honestly cant say for every dedicated host. When i had my box at dedicatednow.com I had to do the software upgrades and such. Only time there employees got on the server was when the motherboard and ram chips had to be replaced. At least to my knowledge. And even then I had to provide them with root password so they could access the server. If there is a chance of privacy being violated is very min. chance. With a dedicated box you not sharing anything but the network. cpu, ram, etc., all the resources on the box are used only by what you put on the box. You don't have 1000+ other people sites on the same box.

I guess that is the advantage of Dedicated Host. I, myself, also thinking about that since my wife had mentioned it to me. I might just look into it again.

Dizfunkshunal wrote
Company and server located in Texas? servers yes, company doubt it. I know if my company is located in Texas I wouldn't have my mail sent to a P.O. Box in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. That would be one heck of a drive just to get your mail.

Company was originally located in TX. But since the Partner took over, they probably moved their location to Louisiana.

BTW! Why are you getting on my case for giving out recommendation? If you don't like them that your problem, not mine. Confused

I don't like any shared hosting providers not just inline. I don't like shared hosting in general nothing personal against you just shared hosting.

Multiple Setups

Yes, but when you're running a site for you and 16 of your buddies for an online gaming clan - $70/month is out of the question! Smile

Each hosting option has it's place and usage: shared, dedicated, co-located.
Ussually dedicated server means it's their box that they upkeep. What you describe Diz is usually refered to as co-location - you basically OWN the box, it's just hosted at their facility.

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1

I have had nothing but issues with shared hosting. If you have to go with shared hosting do a lot of research before you choose. Take your time finding a host. I would be totally against any company that makes you pay for more then 1 month in advance. at least that me.

Multiple Setups

rlgura wrote
Yes, but when you're running a site for you and 16 of your buddies for an online gaming clan - $70/month is out of the question! Smile

Exactly! So that's why I was just looking for a cheap host. My current one, proclanhosting.com, was fine until I got banned from all the sites they are hosting (including my sites). I tried to email their support but since the sites are not registered under my email they wont give me any support Sad

Btw... Srry for not reading the rules Embarassed

Phone Rumors | My Solution Manuals | My Online Money Guide | Premium WordPress Themes

Linux / 1.3.37 (Unix) / 4.1.21-standard / 4.4.6 / 9.2.1

You were fine - Mel was simply pre-empting those who would reply Smile