Miscellaneous ⇒ Server Chat ⇒ Web Hosting Pad (page 2) ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexServer Chat

Web Hosting Pad Reply to topic

Phoenix wrote
You were fine - Mel was simply pre-empting those who would reply Smile

Figured so, Very Happy

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1

Phoenix wrote
You were fine - Mel was simply pre-empting those who would reply Smile

Hehe Very Happy

Phone Rumors | My Solution Manuals | My Online Money Guide | Premium WordPress Themes

Linux / 1.3.37 (Unix) / 4.1.21-standard / 4.4.6 / 9.2.1

Well, I'm not going with Web Hosting Pad because I just read that supposedly their "awards" are fake. They never really got them, they just posted in their website without even recieving them.

(Hope I'm not violating the rules because it does not say you can't say how bad a host is Wink )

Phone Rumors | My Solution Manuals | My Online Money Guide | Premium WordPress Themes

Linux / 1.3.37 (Unix) / 4.1.21-standard / 4.4.6 / 9.2.1

The forum description does - just don't leave yourself open to legal recourse 😉
Talk about good (DedicatedNOW) and bad (AdventureHost) hosts, or any other question about servers and hosting, but no advertising in any form.

To answer dizs question, inline owns all their servers and rents space at a colo in Dallas, TX called sprocket networks. Home office is in New Orleans, LA.
Just an FYI. Don't shoot the messenger. Wink

no shooting allowed here its against the law even if the person is breaking into your house. thanks for the info.

Multiple Setups

I have been with 1and1 for well over my contract and I am so tired of them. This week, my site went down about ten times, each time requiring me to call it in to have them reboot the server.

Apparently, our site was using way too many resources on our managed dedicated server and was making our server crash. They told me to optimize my db tables, and I did. They told me to optimize my database queries, especially on my homepage, which I couldn't do as I am not savvy in that realm. My biggest qualms were coming from the fact that this all started out of the blue. We don't have an insane amount of visitors any more (about 200-300 a day according to Google Analytics) with light forum posting. There is always a bot on our site (or more).

I don't understand how our site could be maxing out the server. I do have a couple of other sites on the same machine, but one of them is closed and the other is a blog with one entry that hasn't been touched in a couple of months. It simply doesn't make sense to me.

Looking at other people's posts, I think that traffic and content wise, we are at a point where we should be able to move to a shared hosting environment, but at 1and1, they are telling me that if I don't optimize, a server upgrade would be in order.

Can anyone here please help me out? I don't know what to do at this point. We can't afford to move to something more expensive and I don't have the knowledge or the time to figure out how to run a server.

Linux/1.3.33 (Unix)/ 4.0.25-standard (client: 4.0.27)/5.2.6/9.2.1

Why not use search or read through some of the more recent posts in this thread... moving your post to a thread already open asking for host suggestions,
FYI: be mindful of the suggestions outlined here

DF TIPS | Upgrade| Find Your Signature Specs|
"A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation. "

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

magicalobizuth, Come over to my site, where we can talk!

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

Try hostican.com. Read review looked good. {price removed - READ THE RULES!} Looking at buying one for myself soon! Pure advice! Smile

Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

@ magicalobizuth - No offends to 1and1. I had use them in the past. It is good for just a html base site. But for a database site there are far better host out there. I had recommended the same host (look at my earlier post for the name of the host, no needs to repeat) that I used. Or you can go with the other that other users had recommended.

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1