Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ NukeLeague Development ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

NukeLeague Development Reply to topic

After many hours work, I have managed to get NukeLeague working for DragonflyCMS.

I have released version 0.1

Please note that there are probably still many bugs to iron out, but the basic functionality works, and I'm using it on this football website.

The next tasks will be making sure that all of the blocks work etc.
NukeLeagueDF can be downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/projects/nukeleaguedf

If you're interested in helping to develop this module, please feel free to join sourceforge and help out.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Hi hybrid,

I have taken a small look at the install script of this module, and have found a few issues..

The first function in the class should be named the same as the class (League).

This will fix the standard DF module install so you can get the version and description information added. And it will make sure the 'radminleague' entry is added to the admin table. This means that you must remove the insert in your install section, and remove the drop in the uninstall section.. AND you can replace all the drop table's with
// remove all tables own by this module foreach ($this->dbtables as $table) { $installer->add_query('DROP', $table); } in the uninstall, as long as the dbtables array is complete..

www.krypinn.net
mod.krypinn.net

FreeBSD 4.10/1.3.37/5.0.27/5.2.4/9.2.1

btw, 'Access Denied' is all I get trying to admin the module..

www.krypinn.net
mod.krypinn.net

FreeBSD 4.10/1.3.37/5.0.27/5.2.4/9.2.1

Thanks for the help.
I will remove the module from my test site and start again to see where the access denied error is coming from.

Edit: Actually I think I have already fixed that problem. One of the included files still had an old PHP-Nuke admin check in it.

I will upload a fixed version to sourceforge, but if you want to fix it yourself, have a look at the league* files in modules/League/admin directory.

At the top of the offending file, you will still find a PHP-Nuke file check which needs to be replaced with a CPG-NUKE check.

Ok, I have updated the file on sourceforge.
Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

There are still a couple of bugs that I know of that I'm working through at the moment.

Adding players and teams from the Standings block currently does not work, however, adding them through the admin section works fine.

I have also only tested two blocks so far - block-League_Standings_Center and block-League_Next_Games.

They are the only two blocks I use on my live site. I will test the other blocks once I have the other known bugs sorted out.

This is a fantastic module which can make your site more active.

does this thing do:
-a user of a group is the only one allowed to create/update league tables/tournaments
-a user of a group is able to update the scores/schedules besides the league/tournament/game owner
- etc etc

hopefully this one will not go down the drain.... Smile

TIA

CMS Version 9.2.1
PHP Version 5.2.5
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
MySQL Version 4.1.21-standard

CentOS/1.3.39/5.2.5/4.4.8/9.2.0 RC2

Hi there,
NukeLeague has its own administration system, so you can give users permission to admin just a team (to add players etc), you can give users permission to update scores, manage leagues, tournaments etc

Now of course all of this has not been tested fully since I ported the module over, so there may be some bugs.

It could probably be modified to allow Dragonfly groups to be used to determine who can admin those things, but using League admins should work fine.

1. is there a way to change/add the sport category?

2. is season customizable (add/change/delete)?

3. was not able to add the location/venue. after clicking add button i got a http 404 page.

CMS Version 9.2.1
PHP Version 5.2.5

ssoulm wrote

2. is season customizable (add/change/delete)?

3. was not able to add the location/venue. after clicking add button i got a http 404 page.

1. Once you create a League, you cannot change its sport, but you can create a new league with different sport.

2. yes, you can edit a season to change its name, description and start date

3. Have not tested venues yet.. I will work on that now!

I've also created a website now where I am also putting release files.
http://nukeleaguedf.winsto.net

Last edited by hybrid on Mon May 12, 2008 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Okay, adding an arena now works via the admin section.

Edit: Also fixed adding a game from outside admin section

hybrid wrote
Okay, adding an arena now works via the admin section.

Edit: Also fixed adding a game from outside admin section

that's fast. thanks. game admin/admins shld be able to add/update the arena or other info about the tournament.

ssoulm wrote

what i mean of the above is to be able to add a new sport category. it seems that the drop down list has a few choices. How about badminton, table tennis, etc..?

TIA

CMS Version 9.2.1
PHP Version 5.2.5

Hi, you can add any game you want. Thats the great thing about this module.
Have a look in the sports folder of your installation.

The .php files in there tell NukeLeague about the setup of your game, so you can create your own php file for the game you want.

Sorry to anyone that has been trying to get to the website via the link in this thread. I gave the wrong address.

It should be http://nukeleaguedf.winsto.net

Upz for this great mod. Has anyone been testing/using it?

Am I the only one got an eye for this?

CMS Version 9.2.1
PHP Version 5.2.5

People have asked about League modules for DF in the past, but maybe they have gone with a different CMS instead.
Most people seem to want online gaming modules, and there are purpose built modules for this already - mComp, mTeam etc.

It has been working fine for me so far on my soccer website.
Still nobody helping me to develop it though Wink