Support ⇒ Gamers Modules & Blocks ⇒ LOTRO Roster ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Gamers Modules & Blocks

LOTRO Roster Reply to topic

I have seen the EQ and WoW Rosters and was curious if there were any plans to write or convert one of them to a LOTRO Roster. LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) recently started the my.lotro.com page which is similar to the EQ players and WoW players sites as you can see the guilds, characters, etc. Are these types of pages needed to make a roster program?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Redhat/2.0.50/4.1.21/4.4.7/9.2.1

Old post, but just found it by chance, and thought it warranted an answer, because I'm also interested in one myself (and couldn't code to save my life)

The presence of a database site like my.lotro.com isn't per se necessary to create a roster. In fact WoWRoster didn't use it at all to begin with, and it's still not the primary function of WoWRoster to my knowledge. It however needs some kind of interface, which can export the data from the client to begin with. WoWRoster uses one I can't remember anymore, which could export all the character specific data, like armour, stats, skill tree, etc. - I haven't so far found a similar one for LotRO unfortunately. Without something like that, it's dead in the water, I'd say. - That's not to say nobody's created such an interface, I just haven't found it yet. I'd be very interested though...

Linux / Apache 2.0.52 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5.2.1 / DF 9.1.2.82

Noia wrote
Old post, but just found it by chance, and thought it warranted an answer, because I'm also interested in one myself (and couldn't code to save my life)

The presence of a database site like my.lotro.com isn't per se necessary to create a roster. In fact WoWRoster didn't use it at all to begin with, and it's still not the primary function of WoWRoster to my knowledge. It however needs some kind of interface, which can export the data from the client to begin with. WoWRoster uses one I can't remember anymore, which could export all the character specific data, like armour, stats, skill tree, etc. - I haven't so far found a similar one for LotRO unfortunately. Without something like that, it's dead in the water, I'd say. - That's not to say nobody's created such an interface, I just haven't found it yet. I'd be very interested though...

I actually found this site that deals with roster master and they made a stand alone app that pulls its data right from mylotro.com. Very easy to install. I added a link to my menu and it works great!

Redhat/2.0.50/4.1.21/4.4.7/9.2.1