Support ⇒ Themes ⇒ CPGNucalendar events not showing up with certain theme ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexThemes

CPGNucalendar events not showing up with certain theme Reply to topic

I see this has been mentioned elsewhere but I can't find a fix.

Using reDesign none of my non-recurring events are showing up in CPGNuCalendar except in the blocks. All the recurring events are fine. I've checked the database and the events are there, and they show up fine with another theme.

Where would I need to look to fix this?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Really strange. The module is not templated and yet non-recurring events show up fine with fisubsilversh, default and dragonfly but do not show up with reDesign or reDesign2.

How can a theme affect a non-templated module like this? It's not just a colour thing either because the events aren't there in the source code either...

I have had a similar problem. My "solution" :
I didn't find the bug, but I found the reason for the strange behaviour : It's the sideblock block-CPGNuCalendar_Coming_Events.php
The block must be turned off, when showing the Calendar module, then the Calendar works fine.

The reason is, I suppose, : the block is overriding a preloaded array with all the events.
As I said : it's not a problem of this fine reDesign-theme!

If I'm not observed, it's possible due to quantum-mechanical effects, that I either stop to exist or change to an indefinite condition.

LINUX/Apache /MySQL 5.0.32/PHP 5.2.0-8+etch11/DF 9.1.2.1

Oh look - I saw that post and thought I'd removed all the blocks but obviously I hadn't. I've just removed it and I've got my dates back!

Wierd that it only affects reDesign though...

(and thanks for pointing it out again designSumpf!)

It's the sideblock block-CPGNuCalendar_Coming_Events.php

Great! Now I might find what causes it.

-

Okay, it is CPGNuCalendar block bug indeed.
It happens with default theme aswell, when you put block-CPGNuCalendar_Coming_Events.php block to left.

Why it happened to reDesign was the reason that left and right blocks were both loaded before module itself (in header).

-

Did this get resolved? (Beyond turning the block off.)

Per the release notes block-CPGNuCalendar_Coming_Events.php was added or replaced (with current version) in version 2.0.4.

TIA!

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

Only by turning that block off for me. I've made the calendar module left blocks only anyway so no problem without that block.

Well I need it, so I guess I'll have to fix it - at some point Wink

FYI, I've posted a colour fix for all CPGNuCalendar blocks when displayed on right side of reDesign2. It's on Eestlane's site.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

Funnily enough this bug still exists in the latest version too. Soon as I disabled the block, all my events display. Very Happy

2.6.18-164.11.1.el5xen/2.2.13/5.0.89-community-log/5.2.11/9.3.3.0

Sorry to bring this up. Did it ever get fixed? I have one site for which recurring events display ok, and another for which only the icon for recurring events displays - not the event title. I've done a compare of the module code and the block code and they are both exactly the same, so not sure where to look now. It must be something else interacting with it badly. Even with all other blocks disabled it still doesn't work, nor with default theme. The event name does not appear in the block, nor on the calendar when looking at the module page itself. It it there when looking at the day itself though.

Last edited by rosbif on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Found the cause of this in the end (some years later). Turns out there is an option under each category to select "Display event title on monthly graph". This is defaulted to off so whilst you'll get an entry on dates where there is an event it just won't display the title on the blocks or month view. Has fixed the issue on all my sites!