Support ⇒ Gamers Modules & Blocks ⇒ Beta: WoWRosterDf 2.0.2 ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Gamers Modules & Blocks

Beta: WoWRosterDf 2.0.2 Reply to topic

WoWRosterDF 2.0.2 Beta

Yes, it is the time you all have been waiting for...
The WoWRosterDF 2.0.2 Public Beta public beta!

I have not tested upgrading yet, but I know it is working for me on a fresh install seen at www.demonkillersinc.com/

more to come.....

We now have a complete Dragonfly installer thanks to Zanix and his hard work. This version of WoWRosterDF installs like any other module from Dragonfly's module admin control panel. Zanix has designed the installer to allow you to change the name of the module directory to allow more than one install like 1.7.3 had.

Those who have downloaded the Alpha version this version will install with no troubles to you, but it is going to be best to remove all the Alpha db tables as well as removing the rosterdf row with in the cms_modules table to completely clean Dragonfly of the Alpha version.

From Origanl Roster svn Post:
Make sure you get the 2.0 beta interface image pack
upload to your dfroot/modules/WoWRosterDF/img/ directory or even just dfroot/images/ and just mapp to it via Roster admin control panel

Beta Testing Guidelines
Follow the guidelines or DIE!

We have one piece of bad news, there will be no upgrade from lower versions of Roster.

Now, I know what you are saying. {expletive removed}?!?! I neEDDDZs it!
We sympathize, but we determined that the amount of new data that 2.0 collects, combined with the completely new table layouts, and the fact that Roster itself is so vastly different this time around, justifies the lack of an upgrade path.

So we are very sorry, I have not tested upgrading yet but I know clean installs work

Please create a new thread in this forum for any bugs encountered, code snipits to help out, suggestions, or help with addons.

As always, we would like this release to be as stable as possible.
So give this a thorough workout and post your feedback.

EDIT: This should be obvious but it should be said
Roster 1.x addons will not work with Roster 2.0

You Must Be Registered / Logged-in to Download WoWRosterDF 2.0.2 Beta

cwells.net | FC7/Apache2/MYSQL5/PHP5/9.2
secret-order.us | FC7/Apache2/MYSQL5/PHP5/9.2RC
wowroster.net | FC8/Apache2+lighttpd/MYSQL5/PHP5/9.2

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
FC/Apache2/MYSQL5/PHP5/9.2

The registration seems to be messed up on wowroster.net. anyway someone could toss an alternate download link for this?

n/a

WoW Roster's website has been migrated to a new server , all functions have not been fixed as of 4/2/09

More on the downloads section

The downloads area is not going to be updated until we can figure out some issues.
The new downloads module we use is different that the download module we used with DragonFly CMS, as it won't allow multiple files or image per download item.

This is not compatible with the old DF based module and conversion is going to be tricky, unless we find an alternative.
from wowroster

Server 2003 / IIS 6 / MySQL 5 / PHP 5.2.6 / DF 9.2.1

Right not fully fixed but we are getting there. We not only migrated to a new server but switched from DF to phpbb3 which has caused in a bit of lag trying to get our site back together. For the most part as of now our site is functional and our temp download section is live. I have also been testing the upgrade ability's of rosterdf and our current svn which seems to be working like a charm. So when release I should also have an update for the current release of rosterdf.

Working svn version www.demonkillersinc.com

cwells.net | FC7/Apache2/MYSQL5/PHP5/9.2
secret-order.us | FC7/Apache2/MYSQL5/PHP5/9.2RC
wowroster.net | FC8/Apache2+lighttpd/MYSQL5/PHP5/9.2

FC/Apache2/MYSQL5/PHP5/9.2