Support ⇒ IIS Specific Issues ⇒ New install on IIS 6 - all I get is a 500 error ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexIIS Specific Issues

New install on IIS 6 - all I get is a 500 error Reply to topic

I'm a bit stuck. I'm new to mysql, new to php, and new to dragonfly - tried all the install guides I can find but no joy. Confused

Install.php works fine - only issue is not having LEO installed - and goes all the way to the end.

Is this a common issue? It's likely to be something basic i suspect. Rolling Eyes

Regards

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
W2K3/IIS6/Mysql5.1.35/PHP5.2.9-2/Dragonfly9.2.1

Check your error log, then check your permissions

.::..::.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2

Thanks for replying

Since I wrote, i've re-checked my php/iis installation (i'm using php/isapi integration.) (I can now provide a full phpinfo config sheet if that would help)

I've ensured my php is configured for logging
error_reporting=E_ALL
display_errors=off
log_errors=on
html_errors=on
error_log = "D:\Logs\PHP\Logfile.txt

When i turn off "Friendly" http error pages in ie, i get the following:

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 02522B6B. I don't appear to get any error log generated.

I've granted the Internet guest account user full access to the session state folder and the php logfiles folder. It also has r&e access to the website folder.

I've made the assumption that the app has database access, as I provided the root user to the install script.

As mentioned above, the install.php, and a phpinfo call seem to work correctly.

Thanks again. Any and all help appreciated.

Also tried deleting inludes\config.php, performing a drop and recreate of the DB and re-running the install.

Install ran through OK (though I have to admit, i'm guessing at some of the params

1) should i be using mysql or mysqli for the sql layer - using mysql provides me with an access violation, mysqli appears to work. - so that's what i'm using

2) hostname=localhost - the mysql install is on my local box - sounds right

3) login name & password - must be right as it tells me that the db creation routines worked. It won't be a surprise that i've not posted them on a public forum..

4) database name and table prefixes - fairly straightforward

Sitename - no special chars
Domainname - not set up yet - i've entered the fqdn, and i'm using a local hosts file to fake it.
Path /
Cookie Domain - left blank.

All other settings left as default

Cookie settings work when tested through install.php

When entering site to "set everything up ( ie. launching admin.php) then i get the same access violation as above

Regards

checked the contents of my database. show tables gives me 76 tables - all prefixed with cms_

no sign of any errors in cpg_error.log. Internet guest user has access to modify this file.

temporarily added everyone: full control at the root of d:\php, d:\website, d:\session_state, d:\logs. Still no joy

OK, turns out this one's a little-known gotcha.

I installed mysql - no probs
I installed php - no probs. Instead of doing the problematic copy of php dlls to %systemroot% - which leads to duplicate files and a more difficult upgrade path - I instead went for the simpler method of specifying the php.ini file in the registry and placing d:\php (my php folder) in my system path.

*GOTCHA*

I added ;d:\php to the end of my path. Because mysql has a dll "libmysql.dll", and php ALSO has a dll "libmysql.dll", if mysql is on the path prior to php, php apps will attempt to use the mysql dll instead of its own - which causes access violations as they are in fact different DLLs

Hope some others find this useful

Awesome you got it straight. That is some very useful info!
Thanks

.::..::.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2