Support ⇒ New installations ⇒ Blank page during install - set config ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexNew installations

Blank page during install - set config Reply to topic

Hey All,

I have read about aal topics on the blank page issue but just cannot get passed this. After filling out the DB details, I click next and stare at a blank page. Config.php has been created and has the correct details. Removed the file and tried again with same result. Deleted all files and uploaded again.. same issue. I have much experience with other cms systems and did use Dragon a long time ago. Now I decided to go back to Dragon it just frustrates me that I cannot get this thing going.

cpg_error/log is emtpy although it's set to 777, I just don't get any error's so it hard to figure out how to solve this.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP 5.2.3 / Dragonfly (9.2.1)

Details server check:
ok OK | failed Failed but not critical | critical Critical
Server settings
setting prefered yours
PHP 4.3 5.2.3 ok
GD 2.0 2.0.34 ok
magic_quotes Off Off ok
magic_quotes_sybase Off Off ok
register_globals Off Off ok
ini_set() On On ok
LEO available Yes Yes ok
Directory Write Access
/includes/ ok
/cache/ ok
/uploads/avatars/ ok
/modules/coppermine/albums/ ok
/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/ ok

So what does your server log tell you?

Was just looking at that, it says:
[Tue Jul 07 14:23:31 2009] [error] [client 87.213.0.60] PHP Warning: fopen(/var/www/vhosts/mcchill.com/subdomains/new/httpdocs/includes/config.php) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/mcchill.com/subdomains/new/httpdocs/install/step2.php on line 129, referer: new.mcchill.com/install.php

This is Step 2 line 128 t0 132:
$written = false;
if ($fp = fopen($config_file, 'wb')) {
$written = (fwrite($fp, $content) !== false);
fclose($fp);
chmod($config_file, 0644);

The installer creates the config.php file with the correct settings, tried to make it 777 but not able since it's created by Apache (hosted site). Tried to download the config file, delete te one on the server and upload the one I saved, changed it to 777 but unfortunatly no luck.

Hmmm if I'm right, the script lines do the following:

Check for config file, if not present create and use data that has been provided. Close file and set perm to 644.

This is actually done but somehow it failes during the check. I have tried to alter the code so I could skip this but so far no luck. Please does anybody have an idea where to go from here?

Thanks

The problem is that you do have a permissions problem and DF can't change that - this implies that the permissions either you or your host have set are the obstacle.

Line 129 simply means that DF is trying to open includes/config.php for writing and is unable to get past whatever server permissions exist.

Strange as I have set the permissions on the include folder to 777, the config.php file is created during the install and the information is in the config.php. AFter this step when page is blanck, the permissions on the config.php is set to 644 as it should be looking at the step2.php file.

Alsp tried to install DF at same host on different server and got the exact same issue.

I'll contact the hoster and check with them if they have an idea.

Have you actually tried an install with perms of 755 or even 775?

Pfew you got me worried, I actually didn't try that as the with the pre check it was yellow. Just tested it and again no luck.

When I put incorrect data about the DB it will give an error but when everything is ok, it gives the blank page.

aah, you're running plesk - might explain some permission issues Sad

By simulating an install permissions problem, this is what I get:

You should get the same, so you simply download that file and upload to the includes directory and click "Next", then the install proceeds.

The fact that you are getting a blank page is beyond me - must be a server setup issue.
Attachment: 921install.gif
Description
Filesize 25.42 KiB
Viewed 189 Time(s)
921install.gif

Thanks for all you assistance, tried to make the folder before and also during the process 644, 755 and 777 hoping I get the same message as you. Also tried with IE 6,7 and 8 and FF. At this moment I'm gonna try another CMS. Hopefully the next version will work for me.

Cheers

Good luck - it's not the CMS - it's your server.

Phoenix wrote
Good luck - it's not the CMS - it's your server.

Jep, I understand since I'm the only one with this problem.

My next try will be: Install DF on a free host and if that works I'll move it to my normal host.