Support ⇒ New installations ⇒ [solved] ERROR: Invalid cookie settings ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexNew installations

[solved] ERROR: Invalid cookie settings This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go to page 1, 2 Next

Hello there,

I am new to try dragonfly Cms and i have some Issues.

In step 4 its says: ERROR: Invalid cookie settings

And i have seach for cookie issues in this forum,but
no one of the posted helped me.

Site Name: Louise Zaar
Domain Name: Louisezaar.dk
Path: /
Administrator Email: lullu @ email.dk
Cookie Domain louisezaar.dk
Cookie Path: /
Admin cookie name: cms_admin
Member cookie name: my_login
Photo Gallery cookie: cpg
Enable Update Service: Yes

This is what stand in the box but it says ERROR: Invalid cookie settings

then i have try to fill the path with /html/Adminstrator
and cookie path with : /home/myname/tmp/sessiondata

bit nothing of this worked.... can somebody help me please?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
DragonflyCMS , PHP , Mysql

please search the forums then issue has been covered several times. You will find several threads for this issue.

Multiple Setups

louisebrinck, you misunderstood the settings

cookie and path are related to the domain name

domain name: bla.com
path: /html/administrator
cookie path: /home/myname/tmp/sessiondata

means your website is located in: bla.com/html/administrator
and the cookie will be valid for bla.com/home/myname/tmp/sessiondata

this is not what you want.

At this stage you need to remove includes/config.php and start over again using "/" for both

Just explain to me what /html/Administrator is for.

As Dizfunkshunal say issue has been covered many times but solution may be different, a little debugging will help me addressing you to the correct solution.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/www/mysite.dk/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 189

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/www/mysite.dk/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 203

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/www/mysite.dk/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 245

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/www/mysite.dk/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 28

Warning: date_default_timezone_get() [function.date-default-timezone-get]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /home/www/mysite.dk/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 56

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/mysite.dk/includes/cmsinit.inc:189) in /home/www/mysite.dk/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 63

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/www/mysite/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 68

Warning: ini_set() [ref.outcontrol]: Cannot change zlib.output_compression - headers already sent in /home/www/mysite.dk/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 74

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/www/mysite.dk/includes/classes/cpg_debugger.php on line 121

It all the time said ERROR: Invalid cookie settings...

Dont know what to do anymore. Im stuck..

somebody please help?

From Louise
/ sorry for my english im not so good at it !

Thanks for help!
tjek this: www.brinckfansite.dk

NOTE if you are obfuscating your username from the above paths
you MUST change all "/home/www/phpsess" you will found below with "/home/your_uname/phpsess"

Lets start:

Create /home/www/phpsess and, for now, make sure to chmod 777 (world write permission)

Delete /home/www/mysite.dk/includes/config.php

Hit myste.dk/install.php

When you get the error you should be prompted by DF to enter a "php session path" as well; and for this use /home/www/phpsess

Submit again, if it works its all done otherwise keep the window open
ftp to /home/www/mysite.dk/includes/config.php, scroll down till last line
comment out the php session path line and modify the existing path with /home/phpsess

Go back to your browser, make sure you still have /home/www/phpsess on the input field, if not enter it again and hit submit.

Let us know

Create /home/www/phpsess and, for now, make sure to chmod 777 (world write permission) where could i create that?

chmod 777 (world write permission)

dont know what u mean with that?
could i delete the map config.php from ftp?

Thanks for help!
tjek this: www.brinckfansite.dk

Ask your system administrator to setup a different, and working, php session path for you, easy way.

When done, delete config.php and try again.

I am having similar problems and yes I have used search on the forums, there are numerous threads covering this but none give me the clear complete answer I seek.

I am trying to setup a test server.
I have used wampserver, my dragonfly install is at c:\testserver\public_html

I have got as far as step 4 and am now stumped by the ERROR: Invalid cookie settings problem.

Site Name My Dragonfly Site
Domain Name localhost
Path /
Administrator Email admin @ test.com
Cookie Domain /
Cookie Path /
Admin cookie name cms_admin
Member cookie name my_login
Photo Gallery cookie name

I have tried using localhost as domain name, cookie domain, path in numerous combinations but still no progress.

Linux, Apache 2.0, SQL 5.0.86-log (client: 4.1.22), PHP 5.2.11 DF 9.2.1

@Gamekeeper try the LAN IP

Thanks for reply, I have tried the LAN IP as Domain name and cookie domain, no luck

Linux, Apache 2.0, SQL 5.0.86-log (client: 4.1.22), PHP 5.2.11 DF 9.2.1

All this remind me to change few things inside install.php ...

Before when you try different settings make sure you delete cache/config_MAIN_CFG.php each time, sorry.

Need to know what your php.ini say about

session.save_handler = ?
session.use_cookies = ?

I to am having trouble getting past the cookie error.
I also have this code at the top of the page:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/warillas/public_html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 189

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/warillas/public_html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 203

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/warillas/public_html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 245

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/warillas/public_html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/warillas/public_html/includes/cmsinit.inc:189) in /home/warillas/public_html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 63

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/warillas/public_html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 68

Warning: ini_set() [ref.outcontrol]: Cannot change zlib.output_compression - headers already sent in /home/warillas/public_html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 74

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/warillas/public_html/includes/classes/cpg_debugger.php on line 121

I have follow NanoCaiordo instructions and have read the other forums and the wikki article and i am still stuck. I have session data but have a cookie error at the necessary info step.

Can i move pass this or manually edit a file to apply these setting?

unix / Apache 2.2.15 / MySQL 5.0.92 / PHP 5.3.8/ CMS 9.4.0.0

fixed Cheers

unix / Apache 2.2.15 / MySQL 5.0.92 / PHP 5.3.8/ CMS 9.4.0.0

same problem.
tried all possible changing browser... erase config, database again and again. Can i somehow skip the cookie check?
I got it installed in 2005 but now a new install failed.

Linux 2.6.7 i686 - Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) - 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge1 - PHP 4.4.0 [ZE 1.3.0] - 9.0.6.1 - eAccelerator 0.9.3 - (IE 7B1, Firefox 1.61 Alpha2)