Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Downloads Pro ⇒ Quota Permissions ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Downloads Pro

Quota Permissions Reply to topic

Hi,
Can someone please explain to me how i can restrict a particular quota from downloading in my dragonfly cms.
I know i can create groups and give them permissions and so on but i cant seem to find where and how i can restrict a group from download.Maybe i should be using the word quota instead of group.We have a record pool for djs only but we just realised that it would be better to also have the artists as members too so they can easily upload their songs to the pool themselves instead of sending it by email but we cant seem to find where to restrict the artists download privilleges.Is it possible to create two sign up quota's so that the artist can sign up as artists and djs sign up as djs?A good explanation of the best way to tackle this will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/Apache/Mysql 5.0+/Dragonfly cms-9.3.1,

there is no way to put download limits on users or groups. You can restrict downloads module to one group but that is it.

You will need to get someone or hire someone to customize the module for you to add the function you desire.

Multiple Setups

Thank you for your response,how can i restrict the module to one group?
Thanks.

Hi,
Please is there something am missing above?You said that i can restrict the download module to one group only and that i will have to hire someone to customize it for me.So i was asking what i need to do to restrict the download to one group.
Thanks.

to restrict the download module to one group.
1. Go to admin
2. go to Modules under general in the admin section
3. find the module you want to restrict to one group and click edit
4. change the show this to: drop down to the group you want to have access to this module.
5. click save changes.

Multiple Setups

Thank you for the help.I got that but how do i move users to the new group i just created.I have searched everywhere in the admin panel on how to do this but i could not find itWhat am trying to do now is move those that should not have the download module shown in their group to the newly created group but i cant find that option,i thot it would be in edit user or something.
Thank you.

Is this possible with the dragonfly cms?I mean to move some members to a different group.

yes
just add them to the new group and delete them from the old one or you can leave them in both groups

Multiple Setups

Is there an addon i have to install to be able to do this?I cant find admin panel which will enable me to add a member to a group.Under MEMBERS in the admin panel,i have searched but cant find where to do this.Can you please tell me where i can do this?
Thanks.