Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ Tapatalk? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Tapatalk? Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3 Next

Built into the website you mean?

The whole idea of tapatalk is that it's meant to be faster because it doesn't need to load the whole website to read the forums.

If you're not planning to do this via the tapatalk plugin, I'll have to try again.
If I can work out how to login and set up userinfo properly, I should be able to do the rest.

Test Signature

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Hoes the tapatalk module going?

Dragonfly 9.2.1

nano proposed to get this done and for experience i know that even if lately he had lot of issues he will manage to do it

none available

I think if you check the end of the first page, he is not planning to do it.

I don't have the time or the money any more to do it, so it might not get done now.

Test Signature

hybrid, i still haven't looked at the code but I haven't ignore this either.
Isn't all this about using a particular theme for mobile devices?

Your mobile device also needs an app to be installed in order to use the above, correct me if im wrong.

I can do all of the above but in a more elegant way.
I can create a way to automatically load a theme when a mobile device is detected, also give the option to switch to normal xhtml if the user wants to.

If there are any particular options or requirements for each view, please help me listing them all.

You do understand that this can be expanded to all website and not forums only.

More powerfull, custumizable, no need to rely on an external app and it can be used in all mobile devices.
All pros that i cannot ignore.

Open for ideas.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Nano, I can't talk for other users, but on my website, I would say that 99.9% of users link directly to the forums. Most of them do not use the rest of the website unless they are directed there.

So in that way, connecting to just the forums is actually a benefit to most of my users. The less clutter on their screen, the better.

So to me, the fact that tapatalk is an app that just displays the data from the forums is better than loading the entire website. It should be faster and less data downloaded for the user.

Yes, you have to download tapatalk if you want to post (you can read for free), but for $1-$2 or whatever it is, it is a small price to pay for much faster access to forums.

I guess if you can detect a mobile device, and only show the forums using a very simplistic template, then this may do the same thing.

I guess you would really need to download tapatalk to your phone and use a forum on it to see how it works. Then you could see if you can code the same thing into a template.

Again, I can only talk for my particular websites, but on all my websites, users access mainly the forums.

Test Signature

We do both want the same feature. It's just a matter of time.

Themes can already override availability, and now positions, of each side and can also add blocks when required.
So from a theme.php point of view, all is covered already.
But the "mobile" theme is missing ... and ... hey we want to have at least the ability to select "default" themes for both set of users, mobile and not Wink

Its not that useful when the built it is still at beta stage and it will be surely done by the v10 RC release.

I use my N900 a lot, dammed great one, and I have an idea about what is superficial or useful, easier or harder when in mobile devices.

Cool, well I look forward to that then Smile

Test Signature

Yep, something like this would be very useful, I'm getting more calls from users for Tapatalk/Forum Runner compatibility (although obviously a mobile them which does the job without requiring an app on the user side is also very attractive). Any chance we can make it backward compatible with DF 9.2.1 though?

Note: WWW Private Listing - Staff Only

linux/Apache 2.4.27/MySQL 10.1.26-MariaDB/PHP 5.2.17/Dragonfly 9.2.1

This may be back on the agenda again.
Anyone who wants to help, please shout.

Project has been created on google code
code.google.com/p/drag...-tapatalk/

Test Signature

Wanna take a look at PENTAXdslr.eu on a mobile, and see what you think, esp. a forum page with wide images, like this one.

Actually it is all done by browser window widths so you can 'emulate' a mobile for this test by simply narrowing your browser window! (I did implement via mobile device initially, but quickly gave up because I had mobile users with 1280 resolution as well as some - like me - with 480! Rolling Eyes

Note: YOU WILL NEED TO RELOAD PAGE if you mess about (change) the browser window width when the page has already displayed.

It attempts to resize images to match your browser window exactly, but can't do that reliably in IE7/8 (IE9 OK), so will use popular screen widths as a fallback for IE7 & 8.

It works down to 480px browser window width, below which it just lets the page get wider.

Also forum text is limited to max of 800px wide, so that it is easy to read even if the images push the window out to 1920px wide - HD size - which is the limit I currently allow images to display at. HTML p code is included so that mobile browsers can do its own reflow.

All this is done in an extensively modified (and cleaned up, Nano Wink ) reDesign3. The only other mod required is the use of my Enhanced BBCode nbbcode.php.

Almost ready to release, but I really want to enable left column block in Forums set to collapsed, but so far no luck. Left column is disabled in that PENTAXdslr.eu site, but on layingback.net I have it collapsing if page turns out to be too wide, as demo'd here (on a Pro_News page). This works well but is too slow (it can't determine if collapse needed until after entire page has loaded.) Sad

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

That resizes OK on my phone, but it's still not the same as using tapatalk, which is designed JUST to access the forums.

In tapatalk, the text is easily readable, things are easy to "click" (touch) on. I think there is still a place for tapatalk, even with a mobile skin.

Test Signature

No problem. I could possibly address some of your concerns, larger text, buttons, but not all.

2 notes though:

Accessing just Forums will not speed anything up on DF server side. Disable all your other modules, and Forums will run just as fast/slow as before.

Maybe better to switch your google code project to GNU GPL2 or GPL2-or-later, than deal with license to use with DF which is GPL2-or-later. Not GPL3.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

No problem - I will switch to GPL2.
To be honest, I had no idea which one I should use!

Test Signature

We are "GPLv2 or later" so no need to change license.

However you need to maintain the original license which it was released under ... which is ?