Languages and alternative language support ⇒ i18n - l10n (languages) ⇒ Help me understand character sets ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Indexi18n - l10n (languages)

Help me understand character sets Reply to topic

I've just installed DF 9.2.1 on a server running MySQL 5.1.36 and PHP 5.2.10, and it seems the forum is not supporting UTF-8 like it should.

All the database tables are set to collation utf8_general_ci. The table "cms_bbpost_text" is utf8_general_ci. The fields "post_subject" and "post_text" are utf8_general_ci.

phpMyAdmin lists this on the "variables" tab

character set client utf8 (Global value) latin1 character set connection utf8 (Global value) latin1 character set database latin1 character set filesystem binary character set results utf8 (Global value) latin1 character set server latin1 character set system utf8 character sets dir /usr/local/share/mysql/charsets/ collation connection utf8_general_ci (Global value) latin1_swedish_ci collation database latin1_swedish_ci collation server latin1_swedish_ci

A user posts something in Russian (cryillic) and it appears as ?????????

What's up? How do I fix this?

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Recreate the db using utf-8 as chararter set. Also make sure that the connection character is set to to utf8 or blank on config.php. That solved several times issues with my db on spanish

www.greenday2k.net

Setting DB_CHARSET to blank fixed it Smile Thanks a lot Very Happy

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk