Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Coppermine ⇒ Coppermine 1.5.x? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & BlocksCoppermine

Coppermine 1.5.x? Reply to topic

Is anyone working on an update DF to update Coppermine from version 1.3.1 to version 1.5.x?

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Last edited by BrokenCrust on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Whats new on the new versions?

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.7 / PHP 7.3 / head

There is a page of stuff for 1.5x alone, excluding the things in 1.4. Better upload, tagging, comments, support for video, plugins, themes, groups etc. And not a single fecking poster of Bob Marley.

Actually, I think I prefer Gallery 3.

Last edited by BrokenCrust on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Multimedia sitewide support is being worked in cvs.

Almost nothing done yet apart an already exististing RIFF file joiner, a very simple mp3 joiner, a flash audio player written in AS3 ... playlist file support will be added sometimes. A flash video player can be easily built for video playback anytime.

A better upload system was already started by me but half way done and will bd need to be rewfritten since the approch was wrong.

As for now Tagging is simple as creating a module, admin GUi only, and a block to use anywhere you want.

To answer your main question there is to much under the hood to worry about upgrading builtin modules, when changes are done these modules will too, DF way.

IMO, DF shouldn't have "built in" modules that take development effort from the core. Coppermine has an army of folks making in better continually. And DF has you. And you are already doing the core and forums and PM's and ... for me this is the issue with why DF doesn't move forward - it's too thick to be stirred by a single spoon.

I don't use Coppermine but was thinking about it again for a site and so I go into it only to find a poster advert and hideous graphics and then the admin section needs a phd to understand. 500 clicks later Bob is gone but I have no idea how. Then I remembered why I don't use it and switched it off again. For me it is better and faster to install a stand alone Gallery 3 and code a bridge for DF than to fix the built-in Coppermine so that my members don't come to my house with torches and pitchforks.

Thanks for the feedback, it's good to know it's being looked at.

Last edited by BrokenCrust on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Something i want to to put some light on is that im not the only one working on it, DJ and Phoenix even if not "today" are doing a valuable work, which it was impossible for me to work on DF without it.

I do believe that working with my own code is the best way to understand it thus making it easy to apply the correct fixes, modifying or extending it and I do also understand DJ's code logic very well.

When the new core will be finished Forums and Coppermine will be slowly updated to use the new tools and extended. When you have a plan you'll be able to code quikly Wink

Porting new versions of existing softwares is and will always be a welcome option but supporting users will be harder, as priorly stated.

Thats the way i see things, may be wrong or not.

Apologies for bringing up an old thread Nano but has anything happened with regard to getting audio and video support on coppermine?

I thought I saw Layingback mention in a post somewheres that he was busy adding video support to Coppermine.

2.6.18-164.11.1.el5xen/2.2.13/5.0.89-community-log/5.2.11/9.3.3.0

Deny! Smile I only claimed to be updating the UI - via reDesign3 -> rD3Plus. And fixing a few UI bugs.

I have however recreated the Coppermine 1.3 hack CPG-Remote, which allows the fullsized image to be hosted elsewhere, ie you 'link' rather than 'upload' new images.

But that'll not help with video.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

So that's a no then? Did Nano make any progress?

Video and Audio support were suppose to be site wide and not for a specific module. However in v10 audio and video support could be handled by Poodle Javascript and HTML5.

More to come and infos will go into our Wiki when I start playing and testing with it unless DJ precede me.

Also some more details on which format to play could help dev.

Cheers.

So nothing for v9? I need to store mp3 (to start) up to around 30mb..

HTTP is not meant for uploading large chunks of data (audio/video).
Therefore by default PHP.ini is set to a maximum of 2MB.

If we start to support large files, the base coding must correct.
With HTML5 it is possible to detect file size through JavaScript with FileReader.
And if someone tries to upload a file that is larger then upload_max_filesize we can show a warning.

Another thing that is required is the conversion of video to the webm coding.
This requires ffmpeg to be installed on the server.

We are not adding new stuff into v9 so you have to do it yourself Wink

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Could you do in Pro_News CM? Copy & Mod the pdf upload to upload MP3's instead - I think instructions for this are in the comments for the batch uploader.

1 Section for MP3's, and a Category for each category of music.

Tweak the Headlines (for use in mode=hdln display) template to make 1st headline display like the rest, and removing comment from headline template, should give a nice compact linear display, with space for front (and back in full article) cover images.

Pro_News specific search is now available.

Only shortcoming I can think of immediately is no quick user sort for the display - although the code exists for an Admin sort if you wanted to try to port ... But for around 30 MP3's in several categories this may not matter so much.

If anyone is interested, you might like to take a look at my latest incarnation of coppermine. (I wonder why it has a lowercase 'c'?)

http://pentaxslr.eu/coppermine/thumbnails/meta=lastup/

The mods to date are a few bug fixes, some XHTML validation, rD3plus theme, lightbox-like display in place of popups, batch upload, cleaner look and feel following lots of detailed changes, and now a Link option to add an image without having to upload it if it's already hosted somewhere like Flickr. Saves on disk space too! Wink

This image displays the remote fullsized image feature. Concept was based on remote_cpg135_b3 by flux back in 2005 for coppermine 1.4/1.3, although implementation was different.

None of the changes are major in terms of existing code disruption. It's mostly just giving coppermine some TLC. It doesn't seem to appreciate it through! As anyone who's worked on it will possibly agree. Laughing