Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Coppermine ⇒ [fixed] modifyalb.php update album link problem ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Coppermine

[fixed] modifyalb.php update album link problem This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Not sure when this started but suddenly my 'Update album' page no longer works. The button 'Update album' links to
http://www.lasourcetranquille.com/'.getlink(
which obviously goes nowhere. I don't think I've changed any files - the code at line 390 of modifyalb.php (version 9.6) says

<tr><form method="post" action="'.getlink("&file=db_input").'" enctype="multipart/form-data" accept-charset="utf-8">

I'm sure it used to work!

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

I guess you use IE9. Click the 'Compatibility View' button and everything will work again. I had the same issue.

| Luxembourg Amateur Radio RL | RC Heli | My Site |

Linux/ 2.6.18 / 5.1.52 / 5.3.2 / 9.3.2.0

Ha! That simple. Any idea what M$ have done to break it? (and thank you!)

the code is parsed by the server, not by browsers ... how weird.

are you sure that changing compatibility mode fixed the issue?

none available

I was going to say absolutely - but I've just gone back to try it and it is now working without compatibility mode.. How bizarre is that? I had to view it with compatibility mode to get it to work, and now I don't need that mode.

Odd

rosbif wrote
I was going to say absolutely - but I've just gone back to try it and it is now working without compatibility mode.. How bizarre is that? I had to view it with compatibility mode to get it to work, and now I don't need that mode.

Odd

Because the fully resolved link is now in your browser cache?

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

nope ... it's parsed by the server and saved into website/cache.tpl ... probably a glitch?

none available

It is doing it again - like lb said I presume it gets the correct link from the cache, but when the correct link is not in the cache it comes up with an error. Clicking the compatibility link and it works again.

This is really bugging me. Sometimes it doesn't work with compatibility mode on either - I have to select it off, then on again, sometimes twice for it to work. Why could that be?

Other files in coppermine seem to have the same problem in IE9 - this wierd getlink error. Would love to get to the bottom of it...

If you using older version of DragonflyCMS:
in modifyalb.php find a spot for:
$cpgtpl->assign_var('U_DB_INPUT', getlink('& amp;file=db_input'));

in the template file change:
from
action="'.getlink("& amp;file=db_input").'"
to
action="{U_DB_INPUT}"

instead if you using the most recent version of DragonflyCMS without any additional php code you simply change your template to read:
from
action="'.getlink("& amp;file=db_input").'"
to
action="U_('& amp;file=db_input')"

note: "& amp;" should be without any space, it does have one here for display only

none available

Thanks Nano. Which template file are you referring to?

change /modules/coppermine/modifyalb.php start at line 377
<?php # below starts line 377 $album_lb = alb_list_box(); $chset =_CHARSET; echo ' <tr> <td colspan="2" class="tableh1"> <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"> <tr> <td class="statlink"><h2>'.UPDATE.'</h2></td> <td align="right">'.$album_lb.'</td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> <tr><form method="post" action="'.getlink("&file=db_input").'" enctype="multipart/form-data" accept-charset="utf-8"> <input type="hidden" name="event" value="album_update" /> <input type="hidden" name="aid" value="'.$album.'" /> '; create_form($data);

to:
<?php # below starts line 377 $album_lb = alb_list_box(); $chset =_CHARSET; $u_db_input = getlink('&file=db_input'); echo ' <tr> <td colspan="2" class="tableh1"> <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"> <tr> <td class="statlink"><h2>'.UPDATE.'</h2></td> <td align="right">'.$album_lb.'</td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> <tr><form method="post" action="'.$u_db_input.'" enctype="multipart/form-data" accept-charset="utf-8"> <input type="hidden" name="event" value="album_update" /> <input type="hidden" name="aid" value="'.$album.'" /> '; create_form($data);

Thanks for thanking me in advance ?!
However this is a revised version of InspectorClueNo's idea since modifyalb.php does not use any templates yet, in any case thanks ClueNo.

rosbif, let us know if this helps.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Actually there is a template in rosbif's case - reDesign 3. But fixing in it in the code surely saves fixing in each and every template.

I guess we all need to apply this fix if we expect IE9 users?

So could either of you who explain what is going wrong here with IE9, please? (Or is it just a(nother) case of shuffling the code to avoid an unidentified PHP source code problem?)

TIA.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

Nano,

It doesn't make any difference. I thought perhaps I had to change the similar getlink at line 338 - so I edited this to:

if ($db->sql_numrows($result)) { $u_modifyalb = getlink('&file=modifyalb,0,1'); $lb = '<form method="post" action="'.$u_modifyalb.'" enctype="multipart/form-data" accept-charset="utf-8"><input type="hidden" name="name" value="'.$module_name.'" />

This link works correctly (it's the change album link) with either the original getlink or the version above.

For the second button IE9 is still showing a link to ".com/'.getlink(".

The source shows (correctly)

</tr> <tr><form method="post" action="coppermine/db_input.html" enctype="multipart/form-data" accept-charset="utf-8">

so it just appears to be IE9 interpreting it incorrectly.