Support ⇒ New installations ⇒ Install Errors ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexNew installations

Install Errors Reply to topic

I am new to DragonflyCMS and when I go to the install.php page I get the errors:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/51/8303251/html/install.php on line 35

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 189

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 203

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 245

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/51/8303251/html/install.php:35) in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 63

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 68

Warning: ini_set() [ref.outcontrol]: Cannot change zlib.output_compression - headers already sent in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 74

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/db/db.php on line 377

I can also get all the way to step 3 (setup) but get:

ERROR: Invalid cookie settings

Site Name: mysite
Domain Name: www.mysite.com
Path: /
Administrator Email: no-reply @ mysite.com
Cookie Domain: mysite.com
Cookie Path: /
Admin Cookie Name: cms_admin
Member Cookie Name: my_login
Photo Gallery Cookie Name: cpg

Ive read through the forums and tried some solutions but I cant seem to get them to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
OS Linux/Apache 2.2/MySQL 5.0/PHP 5.3/DragonflyCMS Version 9.2.1

still having issues if anyone could help.

check you file permissions
you also have a server 500 error

Multiple Setups

I followed the install documentation wiki and all the file permissions are correct.

The server 500 error was from a different issue and has been corrected.

If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

check the php vrs. on your server. With the php vrs required for the vrs of dragonfly you are using. You may need to use a current cvs vrs.

Most of the errors look like they are php 5+ errors with
a vrs of dragonfly that has not been fully updated to php 5

PHP Version 7.0.6 + MariaDB + Dragonfly 9.4 Modified

This version works fine with php up to 5.4.
dragonflycms.org/Downl...ls/id=540/

none available

InspectorClueNo wrote
This version works fine with php up to 5.4.
dragonflycms.org/Downl...ls/id=540/

I downloaded and tried installing that version but still get errors.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/51/8303251/html/install.php on line 35

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 204

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 224

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 259

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/51/8303251/html/install.php:35) in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 65

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/51/8303251/html/install.php:35) in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 71

Warning: ini_set() [ref.outcontrol]: Cannot change zlib.output_compression - headers already sent in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 82

I am getting two less errors than I did before though so i guess thats a little progress. Any other suggestions?

In my experience you will get those errors IF you have an underlying problem with Install. So fix your cookie error and I think you'll find that the deprecation errors will disappear too.

Perhaps the errors are only in the error handling code?

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

includes/cmsinit.inc, change whatever it's there with
line 204: $SESS = new cpg_session();
line 224: $CLASS['member'] = new cpg_member();
line 259: $cpgtpl = new cpg_template();

do the same for install.php
line 35: $db = new sql_db($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass, $dbname);

the header sent warning would then disappear

what version number of php are you using?

none available

layingback wrote
In my experience you will get those errors IF you have an underlying problem with Install. So fix your cookie error and I think you'll find that the deprecation errors will disappear too.

Perhaps the errors are only in the error handling code?

After reading through most of the posts about fixing the cookie problem, I still cannot seem to fix it. If you have a easy fix please let me know.

InspectorClueNo wrote
includes/cmsinit.inc, change whatever it's there with
line 204: $SESS = new cpg_session();
line 224: $CLASS['member'] = new cpg_member();
line 259: $cpgtpl = new cpg_template();

do the same for install.php
line 35: $db = new sql_db($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass, $dbname);

the header sent warning would then disappear

what version number of php are you using?

After doing what you said it seemed to fix more of the errors. I am still getting the following though even after the edit.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/51/8303251/html/install.php:1) in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 65

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/51/8303251/html/install.php:1) in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 71

Warning: ini_set() [ref.outcontrol]: Cannot change zlib.output_compression - headers already sent in /home/content/51/8303251/html/includes/cmsinit.inc on line 82

The PHP Version is 5.3

im checking your site (paranoidgaming) but all "depreciated" warnings are still there can you update the site?

none available

Sorry. Tried another fresh install and still got the ERROR: Invalid Cookie Settings. I updated the site and you should only see the 3 errors now.