Support ⇒ Upgrades ⇒ [solved] new users only get the default theme assigned ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUpgrades

[solved] new users only get the default theme assigned Reply to topic

i had the same issue as another user, require me to upgrade to AccountPlus in order to allow users to successfully register again.

however to the theme issue:
i used fiblack3d theme for quite a long time on my 9.2.1 install (and modified my other static pages on that site to match that scheme also of course).
it was set as site wide default theme, all users (old or new) had this theme then displayed also.

after upgrade to 9.3, all users only get the Dragonfly default theme assigned. even if i change in the main settings from fiblack3d to another and back, it remains for all users only the dragonfly default theme.

only way to change that is to permit users to change the theme and have them manually assign the fiblack3d then.

i might do that in a sql query in one go, but still:
all new users however of course still get the default dragonfly at the begin ..

did i miss something, or where would i check in order to get the site wide fiblack3d automatically viewed by everyone ?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
linux/9.11

to change all users theme:
Phoenix wrote
Just run these 2 queries through your phpmyadmin interface,
1: UPDATE $user_prefix_users SET theme='newtheme' WHERE theme='oldtheme';

2: OPTIMIZE TABLE $user_prefix_users;

Note1: BACKUP database BEFORE doing this
Note2: substitute $user_prefix with what you set in config.php

Users theme should set to be what ever it is set to in admin when they register.

Multiple Setups

i have run the query to modify existing users already.

i also did the OPTIMIZE query now as you suggested, but still...

even though in the Main Settings i have the fiblack3d as sites default theme configured, any new user at registration still gets the Dragonfly default theme assigned instead of looking at the site with the fiblack3d theme

linux/9.11

only thing i can think of is clearing your cache folder. I don't see anything in the register script that puts a value in the theme field. it should leave it blank so if you change the theme all users will see the change.

Multiple Setups

heyyy ... that did the trick then (i guess all the steps taken together, as i cleared the cahce earlier already once also)

thanks a lot for the help !

linux/9.11

Rules of thumb after any changes in admin clear cache folder

Multiple Setups

eckiebd wrote
i had the same issue as another user, require me to upgrade to AccountPlus in order to allow users to successfully register again.

any more details about this? other user? errors?
if the registration issue is verified it must be attended by devs

I also remember a bug report about the theme problem, it was fixed but now its not? are you sure you uploaded ALL files?

none available