Support ⇒ New installations ⇒ Installing DF 9.3.3.1 when Running PHP 5.3 + ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexNew installations

Installing DF 9.3.3.1 when Running PHP 5.3 + Reply to topic

Thought I would share this with everyone that might run into this problem.

When trying to install on a server running 5.3.8 the installer would fail because of PHP deprecated errors.

The main error that kept me from completing the install was the session_register() which is deprecated in php 5.3. All I did was comment that line out.

Here is a list of deprecated functions in php 5.3

call_user_method() (use call_user_func() instead) call_user_method_array() (use call_user_func_array() instead) define_syslog_variables() dl() ereg() (use preg_match() instead) ereg_replace() (use preg_replace() instead) eregi() (use preg_match() with the ‘i’ modifier instead) eregi_replace() (use preg_replace() with the ‘i’ modifier instead) set_magic_quotes_runtime() and its alias, magic_quotes_runtime() session_register() (use the $_SESSION superglobal instead) session_unregister() (use the $_SESSION superglobal instead) session_is_registered() (use the $_SESSION superglobal instead) set_socket_blocking() (use stream_set_blocking() instead) split() (use preg_split() instead) spliti() (use preg_split() with the ‘i’ modifier instead) sql_regcase() mysql_db_query() (use mysql_select_db() and mysql_query() instead) mysql_escape_string() (use mysql_real_escape_string() instead) Passing locale category names as strings is now deprecated. Use the LC_* family of constants instead. The is_dst parameter to mktime(). Use the new timezone handling functions instead.

If anyone wanted to run DF on 5.3 + then they would need to go through every file like I did and replace all the ereg, eregi, split and of course get rid of that session_register in the install.

I could upload all the changes if needed.

Cheers

Scetter.com

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/2.2.20/5.1.61-log/5.3.8/9.3.3.1

It's not the function getting the install to fail, but the on-screen displayed warning if any (thus E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED is used in v9)

Deprecated only results in a E_DEPRECATED warning, functions will still work, in fact I do have few v9 copies on PHP 5.3.10 already, fully working with no issues.

Those functions, and much more, will be removed in PHP5.4, that is where the problem arise for v9.

v10 days are very close now so it wont be a real issue.

Post your changes here, if feasible.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

scetter I would sure like to get a copy of all your changes.

Dragonfly 9.4 Running on PHP 7.x + MariaDB
dragonfly9php7support.com/

PHP Version 7.0.6 + MariaDB + Dragonfly 9.4 Modified

NanoCaiordo wrote
It's not the function getting the install to fail, but the on-screen displayed warning if any (thus E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED is used in v9)

Deprecated only results in a E_DEPRECATED warning, functions will still work, in fact I do have few v9 copies on PHP 5.3.10 already, fully working with no issues.

Those functions, and much more, will be removed in PHP5.4, that is where the problem arise for v9.

v10 days are very close now so it wont be a real issue.

Post your changes here, if feasible.

I just know that I couldn't get past the testing settings without fixing the ereg and session_register warnings. Kept giving me wrong cookie settings and then wrong session.

At any rate it has been a while since I have used DF for anything myself but plan on having a new dev site running soon. Can't wait to see what v10 brings.

Scetter.com

bulldog500 wrote
scetter I would sure like to get a copy of all your changes.

Hi bulldog, let's give it a few days so I can be sure that I got everything and didn't screw up any of the regex in the functions... lol

Scetter.com

scetter wrote

Hi bulldog, let's give it a few days so I can be sure that I got everything and didn't screw up any of the regex in the functions... lol

Great No problem;

I actually have most functions updated to php 5.4 But found a few i did not do last year when working on it. Was hoping to save some time on these.

I do have a NEW Timezone addon for admin As 5.4 supports this.

$dateTime = new DateTime();
$dateTime->setTimeZone(new DateTimeZone('America/Los_Angeles'));
return $dateTime->format('T');

What if you replace error_reporting in /install.php and /includes/cmsinit.inc to:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);

Anyone?

Personally I prefer to have strick error reporting. Then fixing all issues.

scetter:
any news when files would be available.

I too am having issues installing DF 9.3.3.1 on a customer's hosting. There host has PHP 5.3.3 installed. I get the correct index page to show stating that I don't have DF installed and that I need to but when I go to the install.php file I get some goofy encrypted text when viewing in the browser.

I've downloaded the zip and unarchived in on Ubuntu and Windows 7, uploaded using Filezilla on both OSes, and still getting the error with any web browser.

Any help?

CentOS, Apache 2.2, MySQL 5.0, PHP 5.3, CPG 9.3.3.1

some hosts like mine need to have the PHP5 usage explicitly choosen in .htaccess

Linux/Apache/MySQL 5.1.49/PHP 5.3.6/ DF 9.3.2.0

NanoCaiordo wrote
What if you replace error_reporting in /install.php and /includes/cmsinit.inc to:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);

No change. www.bigracktech.com/re...to_friend/ is the location of the files so you can see what I am getting.

CentOS, Apache 2.2, MySQL 5.0, PHP 5.3, CPG 9.3.3.1

It has nothing to do with PHP 5.3.

In the database change gobal-server-path and cookie-server-path to /requests/auto_friend/ and clear the cache.