Miscellaneous ⇒ Chit-Chat ⇒ Cloudflare and DragonFly ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexChit-Chat

Cloudflare and DragonFly Reply to topic

Has anyone used Cloudflare with a DragonFly website?

This service is supposed to speed up a website but I think it can break a site as well, certainly a website I made for someone (using DragonFly) who now uses this service seems to be having issues.

Any idea what this service is really doing and if it's a good idea / bad idea, and if bad, why?

Thanks in advance for any advice forthcoming.

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

So what's the problem with this CDN proxy service?

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

I'm a cloudflare user for 1 1/2 years and zero issues with it (but my hosts seems to have issues with it... even being a certificate partner).

I just added to top of the cmsini.inc file this lines of code $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $_SERVER["HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP"] ? $_SERVER["HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP"] : $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]; $_SERVER['IPCOUNTRY'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_CF_IPCOUNTRY'] ? strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_CF_IPCOUNTRY']): ''; //$_SERVER['HTTP_CF_IPCOUNTRY'];

To make sure that OLD modules get the right IP and not the one passed by cloudflare. The forwared GEO-IP service is awesome and so easy to implement.

Speed improvements: Yes, specially if you're loading a bunch of facebook/twitter/google buttons to your site.

Bandwidth: The reduction on bandwidth usage is huge. And alo the number the server hits per visit to your site. So practically you use your host to serve the pages and not images/css/javascript etc.

Auto minifies css and javascript, and that's its a bless.

What kind of issues is having that website?
Timeouts? Error 500? JavaScript malfunction?

Since DF10 will auto minify scripts ands CSS i thinks i leave cloudflare and maybe move to incapsula or join the site google sitespeed service.

Cloudflare seems to be a bit overated.

www.greenday2k.net

Main problem I'm having is with jQuery scripts, of which there are lots on this particular site, which seem to be not working as elegantly as they should.

Many jQuery widgets work by replacing simple HTML with more complex HTML after the page has loaded.

With a normal DF site the page seems to arrive "all at once" with everything appearing as it should be (especially if it's gzipped).

With this Cloudflare site the page seems to arrive "a bit at a time", the simple HTML loads and there's a noticeable delay before the jQuery kicks in and does it's thing.

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk

The probem then might be the DNS.
Try a ping with and without cloudfair DNS, everything above 200ms is to much.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Try disabling or setting Rocket Loader on manual mode. The Rocket loader Automatically load all JavaScript resources asynchronously and its know to cause issues with javascript.

With cloudflare the Onload event seems to be fired faster (tested with firebug)

www.greenday2k.net