Languages and alternative language support ⇒ Dragonfly CMS Community ⇒ Where is everyone? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexDragonfly CMS Community

Where is everyone? Reply to topic

I mean no disrespect here so pelase don't take any......

Where is everyone? 6 years ago, this was a growing vibrant community. There were tens it not hundreds of posts per day, questions were asked and answered and people were a part of something.

Now a days, I rearly see more than one or two people on the site, DF10 has not yet been released, it's like a ghost town.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Debian 6.07/Apache 2.x/MySQL 5.x/PHP 5.3/DF 9.x

need more module developers, designers, etc. I can code themes but not very good with graphics. as for the old ones, some just up and vanished, others moved on following their own paths in life

Multiple Setups

Dizfunkshunal wrote
need more module developers, designers, etc. I can code themes but not very good with graphics. as for the old ones, some just up and vanished, others moved on following their own paths in life
What he said.

Right now I'm reading a book by Allen I Holub about C programming. I haven't made much use of these php things for a while because I just didn't need to.

Linux (Kernel: 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp)/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.0.24-standard/4.3.11/9.0.5.0

Look at this site's home page, it looks like a 10 year old PHP-Nuke site. Go look at Drupal / Joomla etc., they don't. In fact even PHP-Nuke's home page doesn't look like a 10 year old 'Nuke site anymore ...

I use DF because I've invested way too much time into my modules to port them to anything else, and the CMS core itself is solid as a rock.

The problem is the "user facing" stuff, dated themes and dated modules. The latter I can deal with, the former however I struggle with due to having the design skills of a potato. Smile

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk

Hi Guys there is currently a artisteer plugin for DF in the making which will bring themes uptodate look and will have all sorts of functions as soon as i have moved house and got my life sorted out i will get creating and see what i can upload for you...

cheers Tim

MySQL Version 5.0.45 PHP Version 5.2.6 apache is 1.3.41 Dragonfly 9.2.1 Windows 7

Kendle wrote
Look at this site's home page, it looks like a 10 year old PHP-Nuke site. Go look at Drupal / Joomla etc., they don't. In fact even PHP-Nuke's home page doesn't look like a 10 year old 'Nuke site anymore ...

We are working on that!
See a screenshot here: dragonflycms.org/Forum...=3150.html

And it will be a responsive design including touch support!

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

radiogetswild wrote
Hi Guys there is currently a artisteer plugin for DF in the making which will bring themes uptodate look and will have all sorts of functions as soon as i have moved house and got my life sorted out i will get creating and see what i can upload for you...

cheers Tim

http://dragonflycms.org/Forums/viewtopic/p=157222.html#157222

I can do okay graphics, and as always, I am more than happy to help support DF in ways that I can.

[ Linux / Apache 2.2.8 / MySQL 5.0.45 / PHP 5.2.6 / CPG 8.2b - 9.3.4.1]