Support ⇒ Themes ⇒ Responsive Theme for Dragonflycms ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexThemes

Responsive Theme for Dragonflycms Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2

DJ Maze wrote
I like the coppermine part, but when hovering the location is a bit off outside the viewport

Thanks! You mean the lightbox-like overlay image is partly outside the viewport when you are hovering over the edge candidates? Agreed. A consequence of trying to do it all in CSS Smile I was focussing on compatibility with all reasonably recent browsers. Will take a look to see if I can refine for at least newer browsers, with CSS3 perhaps?

Thanks for looking.

ps. I got an email notification for your post! Thanks.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

Interestingly enough I get an email from Google today asking me to address 'mobile usability' issues with pentaxslr.eu!

I don't believe in coincidences, and thinking about it I have not yet set the default theme used by Anonymous/Google to reDesign4. So just a good time to get this notice.

[ And they provide lots of interesting guides, although I need to think some, as they are representing as best practices how reDesign3+ worked - with separate .css files by screen width increments, rather than the infinitely variable method I'm shooting for now. ]

Anyway, it raises a wider issue with robots.txt that I would like to get feedback on from DJMaze, or Nano, or ???

Since Panda4 Google has been trying to scan the site's javascript and CSS style files. They announced this in summer of 2012 and it seems that they are requiring access to .js and .css as of June 2014 in order to validate "mobile-friendliness". They are threatening/promising to lower/exclude non-mobile-friendly sites from Search Results for smartphones, etc.

I note that robots.txt here on DF10 remains essentially if not exactly the same as the default one for DF9. It excludes both.

But it seems OK to modify robots.txt to allow access to these files - unless anyone can see a reason not to?

Question is, what is the best way to accomplish this? The .css files and at least some of the .js files are going to be in the theme itself (the one chosen at site level for Anonymous), and so will need a specific entry for each DF site.

Is there going to be a preferred way to include this in a released 3rd party theme (like reDesign4) or should we just resort to installation instructions to add the following ... to the robots.txt after selecting the theme in Admin > System > Main Settings?

Any thoughts/guidance gratefully received. TIA!

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

v10 handles CSS differently. To reduce HTTP requests a dynamic link is chosen (you can see this in our header).
Handled by: /includes/dragonfly/output/css.php

There's another file /includes/poodle/kernels/css.php which is not used at the moment.
It is used by code.google.com/p/poodle-wcms/ to process and modify CSS based on user agent.
Since Gecko, Trident and Webkit use a prefix this file rewrites CSS3 rules.
For example:
div { background-size: contain; }
When using Gecko becomes:
div { background-size: contain; -moz-background-size: contain;}
When using Webkit becomes:
div { background-size: contain; -webkit-background-size: contain;}

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

PS. using my Poodle WCMS as simple website code, those websites became Page 1 #1 on google results.
I've attached a screen-shot of a website that converted from Joomla to Poodle.
Attachment: joomla-vs-poodle.png
Description Google stats joomla vs poodle
Filesize 51.20 KiB
Viewed 9 Time(s)
You are not allowed to view/download this attachment

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Last edited by DJ Maze on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total