Support ⇒ New installations ⇒ Moving part of my site ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexNew installations

Moving part of my site Reply to topic

A part of my community site wants to split off and have its own DF site, separately hosted. Is there any easy way of getting all of the articles, pictures and downloads moved over or will it be easier just to move the whole thing then delete the bits I don't want? It's not a huge site to start with so not a massive job...

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Probably copy the content over and delete unwanted parts would be easy and error prone way.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

OK, thanks nano. I want to make it as clean as an install as I can so I guess if I install DF, then my modules, then copy the database over that should work?

If I do a clean install of DF and then copy the whole of the database accross, can I just edit the list of installed modules and delete the tables from the modules I won't install? To install other modules am I right in thinking that they won't overwrite existing tables if they are already in the database?

I've not done exactly what you want to do, but usually install from a dev version (or similiar prior install).

I copy the code. Delete (or don't copy) the config.php and cache. Create the new db. Export and import the sql to the new db first. Install DF. Then install what needs to be installed.

It's quite easy to make a mistake. If you leave config or cache, you'll have problems restarting the DF install. (May need to shut down browser to clear it's cache.)

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

dragonflycms.org/Wiki/id=79.html

Then clean up what you don't need.
Upgrade DF first, and modules after, if needed.

This is the only way to ensure data is correctly imported and upgraded.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

OK, I did a clean install, installed the modules and theme I wanted, then I used phpmyadmin to bring over some of the db entries from the old db to the new one. All seems to be working ok. My only worry is about the indexing in the database; I brought over some articles in Pro_News (for example) and they're obviously not numbered 1-10 but random between 1 and 300. Will the index cope with this when I add new articles? Same with downloads etc.