Support ⇒ CPG-BB (forum) ⇒ Smiley "popups" ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks CPG-BB (forum)

Smiley "popups" Reply to topic

Its come to my attention that Windows Phone does not support popups, so was wondering if it would be possible to make the "More Smileys" popup appear as a new window instead, feasible maybe?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
2.6.18-164.11.1.el5xen/2.2.13/5.0.89-community-log/5.2.11/9.3.3.0

Can you ask Microsoft to just follow what every other mobile OS does?

Basically popups, in mobile devices, are translated to new tabs or new windows. Why does MS always needs to annoy every developer in this world?

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Haha, we had a long winded discussion about this on our site, I think this is pretty close to their thinking.

Pop-ups are getting deprecated and when someone chooses to implement it in their site they are simply shooting themselves in their own foot for not being Browser and Device Independent; really, W3 discourages it and provides alternatives. Thus, don't expect these on a mobile browser.

It's the developer that has to adjust; not you, the user that has to figure ways around standards. At best you could figure out the URL that is being opened in the pop-up on a computer, and open that URL on your mobile phone. But other than that, the site you're browsing is outdated and isn't made to support the mobile world...

typical M$ rubbish, our way or the highway!

Still, back to the original question, can anything be done on our end?

It could be done by creating a DOM element somewhere near by that contains all other smileys because opening in a new window won't work.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

This might be a solution.

Popups with Jquery

It seems I misunderstood, since picking up my own windows phone, I now see the problem.

Smileys do not enter the code in the post. neither the existing, nor the extra ones, which btw do popup.

I have no idea why this is happening though, installed firefox instead of IE10, same problem.