Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ Forums - Double posting + Flood protection ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Forums - Double posting + Flood protection Reply to topic

Need an extra test in the SQL ...
AND ".$post_id." <> p.post_id
giving:
# Check for double posting - layingback based on method by JM/Hybrid $time_window = $current_time - 6000; // last 100 mins $sql = "SELECT p.post_id"; $sql .=" FROM ".POSTS_TABLE." p, ".POSTS_TEXT_TABLE." pt WHERE pt.post_id = p.post_id AND ".$post_id." <> p.post_id AND ".$userdata['user_id']." = p.poster_id AND '$time_window' < p.post_time AND post_text = '$post_message' AND post_subject = '$post_subject' LIMIT 1"; $result = $db->sql_query($sql); if ($db->sql_numrows($result)) { message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Flood_Error']); } # End double post checking - LB/JM

in order to make sure that you don't match against the post that you were already editing!

Otherwise it is not possible to edit a post unless you also change the text. Something you'd not expect to have to do if you were just changing Normal <-> Sticky status or adding a poll.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

There is a forum function that prevents users to post within a short period of seconds. The only issue I see is the function somehow is not triggering.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Problem is Nano, I have seen users double post an hour later. It's like they post, then come back to their phone an hour later and hit the back button or whatever it is they do to cause the double post.

Phoenix' IP Tracker could come handy to follow user browsing but it should also be backed up by a look at apache log.

I suppose it's happening on server specs as per your profile, though I never had this issue, and I browse from desktop and mobile. Been able to reproduce the issue or understanding what's happening is the key to a fix/workaround, it could also be a server setup issue which we don't calculate.

Moreover Layingback is reporting the opposite issue, forum pages expiring too easily, go figure!

An idea could be browsers ignoring caching headers or session not properly closed.

Most of the users that it happens to seem to be iphone users. Do you use an iphone?
I use android and it doesn't seem to happen to me. Although I try to avoid using the phones back button.

I could try using my iPod...

NanoCaiordo wrote
Moreover Layingback is reporting the opposite issue, forum pages expiring too easily, go figure!

Huh? I was getting users who posted via a slow mobile connection, getting no response in a few seconds, genuinely thinking it hadn't posted, so re-submitting.

Ie. it updated but the phone never got the redisplay as confirmation.

[ Yesterday's post was to prevent my hack preventing a valid edit from being caught. ]

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

I'm referring to the forum search form, but that's on v10 I suppose.