Support ⇒ Troubleshootings ⇒ Website Migration/Restore Help ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexTroubleshootings

Website Migration/Restore Help Reply to topic

Hello Dragonfly Community Smile It's been awhile.

I could use some help with an issue I'm pretty sure there's a quick way about going about doing this but reaching out on this one.

I have an old backup of a website, DragonflyCMS (9.2.?), and hopefully MySQL Database.

The website was migrated to a new server and the cPanel information changed along with database username/password. So far the website content has been restored and MySQL Database created, but I need to manually get the CMS to connect again. The MySQL Database now has a new username and password.

What's the best way to go about this? I need to update the login credentials for the config/CMS.

Direct Link: http://www.shadowguardguild.org/cms/

Error:

The connection to the database server failed, sorry for the inconvenience

We should be back shortly

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / MySQL Version 5.0.51a-community (client: 5.0.51a) / PHP Version 5.2.6 / Dragonfly CMS 9.2.1

Edit database details inside /includes/config.php.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Thanks Nano. I'm much closer now. I had the config file updated for the CMS. The site is now showing that I am in Maintenance Mode. I am able to access admin.php but...

I can't login. I'm pretty sure I'm using the right password but now I'm stuck on narrowing that down because I'm not sure. Of course I can't do forgot password in maintenance mode >.<

I'm doing a backup of my website and then I'm going to nuke the cache folder hoping that's the fix.

Linux / MySQL Version 5.0.51a-community (client: 5.0.51a) / PHP Version 5.2.6 / Dragonfly CMS 9.2.1

Clearing the Cache folder worked to restore images not showing up and actually able to login as a user. I'm pretty sure my user and admin account was the same but I can't login to the admin panel.

I haven't slept so going to message a couple folks from the past and see if they can login to the admin side of things and make me another admin account. But now that's where I'm stuck.

Look at the bottom of: dragonflycms.org/Wiki/id=79.html starting from step 5.

I'm migrating an old site as well. 9.0.6.1 to the latest version I just downloaded.

Since it is such a large spread I was contemplating installing the new version, then trying to match my tables/modules within MySQL and make sure all of the tables are still the same.

My old site has Forums Pro installed separately, and I see that they are now integrated.

What would be your suggestion on how to do this to limit the amount of hair I am about to lose?

I should mention this is all being moved onto a freshly built server as well.

Thanks in advance! Smile

- |\\/|ystic

Ubuntu 14.04.1/Apache 2/5.5.38/5.5.9/9.4.0.0

Install a 9.0.6.1 backup database.
Use 9.4 files.
Use 9.0.6.1 config.php (copy from old and paste to new)
Upgrade.

Try it should work.

There is also a thread about downgrading Forums Pro to Forums Plus (built-in into 9.4), search for it but if you don't find it let me know.

Before proceeding note this thread: dragonflycms.org/Forum...25253.html

Thank you for the plan. I'll give it a whirl and let you know how things go. <fingers crossed> At least this gives me a better idea then what I was going to attempt.

- |\\/|ystic

After looking at the forum conversion nightmare, I have a new plan since most of my forums are time sensitive information I can just add the current stuff in the new install and maintain the old database for anything historical.

1. Fully install the new Dragonfly
2. Compare user tables and make sure my old user table will merge with the new user table.
3. Do the same with statistics, since I would like the site historical data preserved.

Does this sound a little easier?

Is there anywhere else the users are linked? Not including the obvious of data they have entered. Since the board will be new anything they have added previously would be irrelevant.

Is the member list pulled strictly from the user table?

Are the stats only pulled from the stats_hour table?

Thanks,

- |\\/|ystic

OT - However

Instead of safely converting Dragonfly CMS and ForumsPro's data you want to use old in new ...

Does this sound a little easier?

Not to me.

For remaining two questions: No, but it should still be ok.

Went with your first plan Nano and everything appears to be working as it should.

Thanks a bunch for your support and continued work on the CMS!

- |\\/|ystic

That is great, thank you and enjoy it Smile