Support ⇒ Upgrades ⇒ Upgrade 9.2.1 to latest? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUpgrades

Upgrade 9.2.1 to latest? Reply to topic

Hi all,

Been a while! My site has been ticking over for years with no problems however I know there's lots of fixes, security and otherwise, that I should grab. Should I go to the latest 9 release or to 10 and what's the best way to do this?

I also want to move it to another server so I've downloaded 9.4 (could redo this via CVS?) and duplicated the DB on the new machine. Now I've no idea what to do next? Couldn't get a good idea from the docs. I'm running mountain rush theme if that changes anything.

Cheers,

Ronin
Ronin Technologies
Dragonfly Google Maps Module

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Ubuntu 14.04 / 2.4.7 / 5.5.37 / 5.5.9 / 9.4.0.0

Hi Ronin,

Upgrade before changing server: copy 9.4 files and upgrade from install.php, move everything but the cache content into the new server and follow Changing Servers/Hosts

or

Upgrade into the new server: Changing Servers/Hosts, copy 9.4 files, clear the cache folder and upgrade from install.php

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Hi boys! HELP PLS!
While upgrading from 9.2. at 9.4 I met a particular but fatal trouble.

I made MySQL backup and also Modules and Block backup as well as some other content of FTP. Not all. There is about 2,5 GB incl pictures.

The upgrade routine was running OK but suddenly has been interrupted before the end with the error message at line 127 of upgrade.php. (Unfortunately I lost the content of error messages. Sad )
I made several attempts to repeat upgrade process and after "clever advice" of my friend... I have skipped the #coppermine upgrade routine in upgrade.php script. Sad
as follows:
125 */ # Check coppermine module 126 if (isset($tablelist['cpg_installs'])) { 127 $res = $db->sql_ufetchrowset('SELECT c.dirname, c.prefix FROM '.$prefix.'_cpg_installs c, '.$prefix.'_modules m WHERE c.dirname=m.title', SQL_NUM); 128 if (count($res)) { 129 foreach ($res as $cpginst){ $tables = $indexes = $records = $table_ids = array(); require('install/sql/tables/coppermine.php'); echo '<br /><br /><b>'.$cpginst[0].' tables:</b>'; foreach ($tables AS $table => $columns) { $modtable = str_replace($prefix.'_', '', $cpginst[1]) . str_replace('cpg_', '', $table); $table_ids[$modtable] = $table_ids[$table]; db_check::table_structure($modtable, $columns, $indexes[$table]); } require('install/sql/data/coppermine.php'); foreach ($records AS $table => $content) { $table = str_replace($prefix.'_', '', $cpginst[1]) . str_replace('cpg_', '', $table); db_check::table_data($table, $content); } $installer->add_query('UPDATE', 'modules', "version='1.3.1' WHERE title='{$cpginst[0]}'"); /*uninstall=1 */ } } } $tables = $indexes = $records = $table_ids = array(); echo '<br /><br />'; */

As a result, I "lost" the pictures at my web site. They are present at FTP, the addresses are correct, but probably "not allowed" to be displayed.
Despite the fact, I am using Dragonfly for about 10 years, I am not fully understanding the php scrips... only basic principals.

The coppermine database at my web is of about 2GB shared pictures, creating important part of my hobby and community web.

Can anybody advice me what is the possible action needed if any? Sad
What do you need e.g. from Bug Reports?

Many thanks in advance.

www.spartaky.cz

Linux/Apache 2.0.51??/MySQL 5.5.28/PHP 5.4.29 /Dragonfly 9.4.0 -?

Last edited by Rancher on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:30 am; edited 6 times in total

The details about the error would be great, since you have a MySQL backup could you re-import the original db and try to upgrade again?

I believe it could be a memory related issue, due the size of your db, but I'd rather be sure.

Thank you for you response.
I will do it at the evening - comming home. Nice work to parse this big sql file Sad
Does it mean, that It will behave as 9.2. again? Shocked

What about the other "replaced" files on server?
No action needed? Certainly I will upload Install directiory again.

www.spartaky.cz

Last edited by Rancher on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Rancher wrote
Does it mean, that It will behave as 9.2. again?

No, unless you use both MySQL and file backups.

Rancher wrote
What about the other "replaced" files on server?

Same as above.

Rancher wrote
No action needed? Certainly I will upload Install directiory again.

If the installer did all it's work, even if erroring out, you could do a straight upgrade again without using any backup. Just go to install.php again and proceed.

If any errors, just stay on the page for a later "refresh", after all it's the only installer able to do that and with only few exceptions you need to re-import a database backup Very Happy

85MB of parsed MySQL reloaded from backup. Doh

Run install.php with result shown at attachment.

detail of ERROR MESSAGE
On /install.php While executing query "SELECT c.dirname, c.prefix FROM cms_cpg_installs c, cms_modules m WHERE c.dirname=m.title" the following error occured: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_czech_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' In: /hosting/www/spartaky.cz/www/install/sql/upgrade.php on line: 127

Just a small comment to "Illegal mix..."
... this web is running from January 2004, firstly at Nuke (Windows-1250);and then on several upgrades of CMS Dragonfly (from ISO 8859-2 to UTF-8) ...
Several (historical)custom made modules and/or blocks are either used or inactive, but present...
As far as I know, no dramatic changes of coppermine module were made ... except some Czech language features... but it contents more than 10 years of development.

BTW: Last upgrade at 9.2.4 has corrupted our search index database for forums... 4 years of big loss of search in knowledge database Sad That is why I was afraid of upgrade for a long time...
the hosting server made me to upgrade to meet new PHP and MySQL versions...

I believe in your advises ... Thank you.
Attachment: end_of_run.jpg
Description
Filesize 34.27 KiB
Viewed 3 Time(s)
You are not allowed to view/download this attachment

www.spartaky.cz

Last edited by Rancher on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 5 times in total

The custom Czech modification is causing troubles.

UTF8_general_ci SHOULD gives you no troubles at all for your language. Manually change the collation to the general one for each table using czech_general_ci and the upgrade will be ok without any lost or damaged data.

Back in the days, why haven't you asked for any help? The fix was probably as simple as making sure your config.php was setup properly.

By the way, make sure your databases connection charset is set up to use 'utf8' or NULL (NULL wrote as is, no quotes around) or post here the current DB_CHARSET.

There are other ways to get around this, but I believe that using the above procedure will be the most stable for years to come.

Thank you for your support NanoCaiordo!

NanoCaiordo wrote
Manually change the collation to the general one for each table using czech_general_ci and the upgrade will be ok without any lost or damaged data.

... may I ask you to be more tutorial? Smile I am little bit lost with term "collation" . What and where to do? Frankly speaking, there are no nonUTF8 letters in coopermine dbase... I cannot seen them, but to do the corrections.... even only in this particular table should be terrile Sad . It is If better we can continue on PM correspondence.
Here is the header of SQL exort
-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump -- version 4.1.8 -- www.phpmyadmin.net -- -- Počítač: 127.0.0.1 -- Vytvořeno: Stř 11. čen 2014, 12:42 -- Verze serveru: 5.5.28 -- Verze PHP: 5.4.29 SET SQL_MODE = "NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO"; SET time_zone = "+00:00"; /*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */; /*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */; /*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */; /*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;
Certainly I am little bit surprised with these " @OLD_..." comments.

MySQL is set at UTF8m64_czech_ci

Once more many thanks for your kindness!

www.spartaky.cz

Last edited by Rancher on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

BTW: Is there some tool for tracking the upgdate.php script's run to find exact break point?
Somewhere to download ... or record bugs from CMS (Active Debug) ...?

www.spartaky.cz

Last edited by Rancher on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

I'll have to come back on this in a week or so as some major issues are keeping me away from the keyboard, sorry for the delay.

In few words you must use the same collation across all tables and all columns, either your go for the general or the czech one, so try to change collation using phpMyAdmin (I'm not sure if it lets you).

Last edited by NanoCaiordo on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Not good track! Sad
After many attempts I made empty all cpg tables excl. cms_cpg_config.

Still the same break point. Sad There cannot exist any language conflict in the title...dirname ...etc.!
upgrade.php: # Check coppermine module if (isset($tablelist['cpg_installs'])) { /*line 127 */ $res = $db->sql_ufetchrowset('SELECT c.dirname, c.prefix FROM '.$prefix.'_ cpg_installs c, '.$prefix.'_modules m WHERE c.dirname=m.title', SQL_NUM); /* ******(While executing query "SELECT c.dirname, c.prefix FROM cms_cpg_installs c, cms_modules m WHERE c.dirname=m.title" the following error occured: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_czech_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' In: /hosting/www/spartaky.cz/www/install/sql/upgrade.php on line: 127) **** */ if (count($res)) { foreach ($res as $cpginst){ $tables = $indexes = $records = $table_ids = array(); require('install/sql/tables/coppermine.php'); echo '<br /><br /><b>'.$cpginst[0].' tables:</b>'; foreach ($tables AS $table => $columns) { $modtable = str_replace($prefix.'_', '', $cpginst[1]) . str_replace('cpg_', '', $table); $table_ids[$modtable] = $table_ids[$table]; db_check::table_structure($modtable, $columns, $indexes[$table]); } require('install/sql/data/coppermine.php'); foreach ($records AS $table => $content) { $table = str_replace($prefix.'_', '', $cpginst[1]) . str_replace('cpg_', '', $table); db_check::table_data($table, $content); } $installer->add_query('UPDATE', 'modules', "version='1.3.1' WHERE title='{$cpginst[0]}'"); /*uninstall=1 */ } } } $tables = $indexes = $records = $table_ids = array(); echo '<br /><br />';
Unfortunatelly the .user.ini file does not work and no Error Report is generated during install procedures.
So the detail pointing at the ERROR is not available...

I have lost any hope in future Sad

The additional mystery of situation (till truncating cpg tables) is, that some pictures ARE DISPLAYED! Once in tens of page refreshing...
Without any sense, relation to size, quality...

www.spartaky.cz

You don't need to modify or delete data, instead you must change database's structure... the same way you did modify the structure in past in fact you are using a custom collation which is now giving you grief.

Properly understand this and my previous post before attempting to upgrade again, it will fail otherwise.

Last edited by NanoCaiordo on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Studying, what the "collation issue" means, I discovered only one suspective CZECH MADE cause.
We are using CH as "one letter",. This CH can reportedly time to time cause problems, e.g. variable called TROCHU is not found...
I had addresses in coppermine targeting to dir names with CH... all I have replaced in tables with C_H ... no effect.

All my database tables are from DF modules from ancient or new DF releases. I am not skilled to change database.
Yes, there can be some relicts from previous NUKE environment...if any ?
E.g still the cms_cpg_config table contens
cookie_name_bkup ... cms_cpg_nuke cookie_name ... cms_cpg_nuke wich has survived three or more upgrades in past.

The only customized module and/or databaze tables are Garage, But it works!!

My understanding is, that break point at line #127 is targeting at Coppermine upgrading script. It is looking at database not to FTP directories structure or somewhere else.
When all tables are replaced with blank tables... I do not understand that the error persists.

NanoCairdo, many thanks you for your effort. This issue is above my experience. No one loccaly can advise me. Nobody understands the DF architecture, nobody understands the "non displayed picture mystery".
I am to build new web. After about 10 years with DF I have reached the limit Sad

www.spartaky.cz

Last edited by Rancher on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:38 am; edited 2 times in total