Support ⇒ Requests ⇒ your_account ideas for future release ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexRequests

your_account ideas for future release

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Poll: which idea is the best?
buddy manager 25
bookmarks system 6
users guestbook 17
user polls 1
lastseen block 11
Total Votes 60

i have installed my first cpg nuke at www.gtazone.info, i have the domain www.gamerszone.net and want to start a network of gaming sites there, i have also gtazone.info, doomzone.info, mariokartzone.info, warcraftzone.info, zeldazone.info, half-lifezone.info, farcryzone.info and lost more, i and some friends want to create a big gamers network there and we want to use cpgnuke for that project ...

i like the changes you did like the tweaks for your account, that everbody has it's own gallery and more info like his last forum posts, comments ...

but i have some more ideas, like a guestbook system for every user, it would be great if every user could write something on anothers users private page in his guestbook. We could write a guestbook and include it to the users page (your_account) or we use the comments module for this, every user would have the comments system on his page where he or users can post messages and/or discuss things.

A great example is deviantart, do you know deviantart? That's a great community about arts, every user can post his images an has a private page with some cool features, you can see an example here: coldone.deviantart.com, please take a look it show how a good community site could look like :).

what i also like, is if every user could have his own lastseen block that tells him who last visited his personal page ... another tweak would allow every user to attach a poll to his private page, so that he can start a poll an see what people think...

there are also two mods i would like to add that i found in the betaNC pack from nukecops, Zhen-Xjell haad added a bookmarks system, that allowed every user to add pages from your site to their bookmarks or they could import the bookmarks from their browser and then manage them on your site, thats a good way to let users make a list of interesting artikeles they like and found in the news, the other tweak is the buddy manager added in phpbb, it allows users to add other users to their friends list, on their buddy page they can see which of their friends is online (on your site) and they can look who lists me in his friends list.

It would also be great if we would rewrite some parts of the your_account so that it's is easier to change the theme of that page, it's still a mix of phpbb and nuke theme, it would be great if the admin could activate and deactivate the your_account features he wants, better the admin can choose the order of the features on the user page. If we rewrite the module we could also let the admin choose how much an which textareas, checkboxes he has to fill out during registration.

Of course i don't know if you also like these changes, so tell me if you like the ideas/changes.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
DebianGNU/1.3.31/4.0.18/4.3.4/8.3 CVS

chris333 wrote
what i also like, is if every user could have his own lastseen block that tells him who last visited his personal page

Great idea. In fact, this has been discussed quite a bit lately, for user pruning in the administration panel.

chris333 wrote
there are also two mods i would like to add that i found in the betaNC pack from nukecops, Zhen-Xjell haad added a bookmarks system, that allowed every user to add pages from your site to their bookmarks or they could import the bookmarks from their browser and then manage them on your site, thats a good way to let users make a list of interesting artikeles they like and found in the news, the other tweak is the buddy manager added in phpbb, it allows users to add other users to their friends list, on their buddy page they can see which of their friends is online (on your site) and they can look who lists me in his friends list.

I remember and loved both of these features!

chris333 wrote
It would also be great if we would rewrite some parts of the your_account so that it's is easier to change the theme of that page, it's still a mix of phpbb and nuke theme, it would be great if the admin could activate and deactivate the your_account features he wants, better the admin can choose the order of the features on the user page. If we rewrite the module we could also let the admin choose how much an which textareas, checkboxes he has to fill out during registration.

Another great idea!

If I wasn't so busy, I'd look into starting these features right away, but I think I may get a chance to.

Linux / 1.3.34 / 4.1.18 / 4.4.2 / CVS

excellent idea. i wish there was a poll choice for buddy manager plus guestbook. those two together would make a great feature.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

i have some free time i could tweak cpg nuke so that we can use these features, and i could write the other features, i have now asked dj maze if the cpgn team would allow me to join their team, i they accept i will start to include this features in the version 8.3 so that tester can find bugs or missing code. Very Happy

hello,

i did it Big grin the new your_account module is ready for testing, this is beta 1 next week i will release the bug fixed and optimized stable version, if everything is ok i hope the cpgnuke team will allow me to join them and distribute the new y_account module with cpgnuke 8.3 Very Happy .

I had some problems during my work because i don't know who changed what in the your account module and in the whole cpgnuke system, i had also some problems to understand the phpbb template system but now it's kinda ok now.

But there are still some problems, for example i wanted to test the comments posting feature in the journal module but it doesn't work.

The Broadcast Message block in Your_Account has also a problem. The Headlines Reader block in Your_Account does also not work.

I loved the new function somebody added to the Members admin which allows you to add custom fields that user have too fil out to complete their registration, that's a great idea, i wanted to add a block the lets you search unsers i will finish it when the work for the new add fields addon is finished.

another problem is every module has it's own comments script and own database, so if you want to list the comments posted in the journal, from news and from image gallery (polls) then you have to do 3 db queries cause there are 3 different comments scripts, so it would be better to take the comments.php from news an add it everywhere you need comments, we could add comments to content pages ...

here are the features i have added to beta 1:

(unzip the file and read the install.txt to install the new your_account beta 1 package)

-you have an admin panel where you can activate or deactivate blocks and change their display order, this is located in the "member config" under "blocks", i will add a textarea which allows admins to add custom blocks with html code
-the your_account module has now a light core, everthing else is splitt up in blocks, so it's easy to add blocks to the module without tweaking the module itself

input blocks (you only see these ones on your own personal page the let edit you all your preferences):
block - webpage: if this block is activated you can edit your webpage here (the webpage feature is a module like the journal module, users can edit their webpage their and others can view the webpages there, i gonna add an admin box which lets you activate a special mod rewrite which redirects for example www.yoursite.com/index...amp;u_id=3 to www.yoursite.com/username/) (i'm also gonna add some more features to this module, every user should be able to choose a theme for his website, i'm gonna add a counter that shows the visits and some more stuff)
block - guestbook: this new block allows users to post comments in other users guestbook, (i could have added a function that checks if it's your page and if yes the function does not allow you to post a comment, but it's also cool to be able to write a comment in your own guestbook for example to say thx for all the messages or something like that, what do you think?) (the block shows the last 5 guestbook messages but i will add an archive or a pages function so that you can view all the posts)
block - admin: this block is only for admins and lets you edit the user or delete it
block - broadcast: whith this block you can broadcast a message on the site
block - buddies: on your own page this block shows you which people are in your buddy list, if you go to the personal page of somebody else you can add him from there to your friends list (the block shows the date when the user was last online on the site, but it does not tell you for example it was to days and 4 hours ago, but i'm gonna add such a function soon) (it would also be great if you could send a private message to for example all your buddies)
block - newsletter: this block shows if you are in the newsletter or not, if not you can subscribe here (not totally ready)

output blocks (user infos everyone can see, other registered users can use them):
block - links: block that list the last 10 posted links by a user
block - downloads: block that shows the last 10 submitted downloads by a user (it would be great if users could attach a file when they submit a download to their post, when the admin recieves the download request he can add the file to his downloads instead of just linking to another site, the attach from forum would be great here)
block - comments: this block shows the last ten comments the user has posted but only in the news (this should be changed so that the blocks shows all comments from image gallery, news, polls, journal and other modules that allow comments posting, but that not my decision, you need to use the same comments function for all modules and use a commonn database table)
block - downloads: this block shows the last ten downloads the user posted
block - forum: this block shows the last ten forum posts of the user
block - forumsattach: this block shows the files you have added to forum posts, (it would be great is somebody could also attach files to articles, what do you think?)
block - groups: shows the groups you are a member of
block - headlines: lets you syndicate news from other sites
block - journals: shows the ladt ten journal post from the user
block - news: shows the last ten articles the user has submited
block - navi: the users navigation panel whith all the options listed, from here the user can acces all the modules like his private messages, his webpage or his journal ...
block - submit: this block list all the places where the user can contribute and help by posting stuff on your site
block - userinfo: shows all the infos the user submited about himself

coming soon (not done yet but ready in about a week for most of them):
block - birthday: this block shows hold old you are, and list all the birthdays of this week
block - private message: this block lets you send a private message to the user
block - gallery: shows the last ten images you have added to the gallery
block - lang: block that lets you cange the language of the site
block - lastseen: it shows the last ten user that have visted your private page and tells you when
block - search friends: this block lets you select some options like "male or female" "age" "location" and then you can search for such users on the site
block - top10: block that shows the top ten from the site, like who posted most articles...
block - weather: block that shows the weather at your location
block - tellafriend: the blocks lets you send a message to your friends to ask them to visit your personal page
block - status: this block shows if the use is online or not
block - agenda: this block gives every user his own agenda where he can add dates and set up reminders
block - totals: shows how much users are online, the number of links, downloads and news, the amount of images in the galleries ...
block - bookmarks: this block shows the pages you have bookmarked on the site

you can test it here: www.yoohoo.lu (for example www.yoohoo.lu/index.ph...ame=steve) and download here: www.yoohoo.lu/y_a%20pa...0beta1.zip (70 KB zip file)

please tell me if you like it/dislike it and if you find bugs, or have new ideas i/we could add...

take care: this package is only for cpg-nuke 8.3 from CVS do not install this pack with cpg 8.2 ... have fun

chris

www.nukecommunity.com

here is the file:

www.nukecommunity.com

I hope that you have fully tested this against a potential security risk?

Also did you happen to notice this..

Cent OS :: 1.3.34 :: 4.1.13 :: 4.4.2 :: CVS

as i said before this package is in beta right now, and now needs a lot of testing to be sure that's is as secure as cpgnuke and as fast as other modules, so this means that not all script are speed optimized and there could be some security holes left, but i'm not a security freak, it's why i hope that other cpgnuke addicted people will help me to release a great package very soon...

there is already one bug found that was found the bug is in the admin part where you can move your_account blocks, the move to top and move to bottom functions do not work, but the move up and move down buttons are ok...

www.nukecommunity.com

I really really like that Guestbook idea for each user. This shouldn't be too hard to do would it?

Linux/2.0/3.23.58/4.2.2/8.2b

Big grin read my post above .... it's done Very Happy ... most of the ideas are done by they need more features, i have to optimize the db queries, and if somebody helps me i will add all the needed security features, but for now it should be as secure as cpgn is.

www.nukecommunity.com

here is the patched admin file for the beta 1 package, there were some small errors in the move your account blocks function, i fixed them ... please report me other bugs so that we can go to stable status soon.

www.nukecommunity.com

i had some more ideas today Very Happy :

to do list:
block - polls: the user can add a poll to his personal page
block - donate: the admin can set up a block where users can donate
block - advertising: in this block the admin can put a banner or button an display it on the your account page

i don't know if the subscription and point system from php-nuke 7.4 will be integrated into the next cpg-nuke 8.3, but if the answer if yes, it will allow us to add a points block which shows how much points you have and for example allow users to get access to special blocks if they reach an defined amount of points. (for example you can set up a block with free stuff like wallpapers to download, but only users that have contributed to your site and have enough points can view the block and select a gift) Anotther special feature for subscibed users could be added, some blocks would only be visible for subscribed users. There is already a great groups management system in cpg-nuke so i could add a box in the your account blocks admin which allows you make blocks only visible to one group, do you think this is something you would use and need?

update block - headlines: the admin can select a default site for the headlines module, the block will syndicate the news from the default site every time the user visits his personal page, but the user can select another default site, for exapmle his own site, then these headlines will be displayed on his personal page

www.nukecommunity.com

chris333 wrote
i don't know if the subscription and point system from php-nuke 7.4 will be integrated into the next cpg-nuke 8.3

No

This is exactly what I have been looking for. Don't know if your stuff has been looked at by the CPG-people, but I sure as h*ll hope so. If this makes it into a Release, even as just an Add-On or something I am blessed. So far everything I have been looking for has been just here at dragonflycms.net, and if you get this working well, then you've just made my day as THIS is the final piece of stuff I need.

Andreas Rönnqvist
www.omegaproject.se
[OmegaProject] Founder

Linux/Apache 2.0.52(Unix)/4.0.23/4.3.10-2/Dragonfly 9.0.6.1