Support ⇒ Requests ⇒ your_account ideas for future release ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexRequests

your_account ideas for future release

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Poll: which idea is the best?
buddy manager 25
bookmarks system 6
users guestbook 17
user polls 1
lastseen block 11
Total Votes 60

sure it is i will add a timer, but i think 5 sec are better, one sec is perhaps too fast if the user wants to really read the error message

perhaps if there is only a message if there is an error and no message if it submits fine?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux Kernel 2.4.21/1.3.31/4.0.20/4.3.9/8.3

I take it would be kinda harder to code and I think it seems to work perfectly as it is now, just with a 3 second delay instead of 5.

Andreas Rönnqvist
www.omegaproject.se
[OmegaProject] Founder

Linux/Apache 2.0.52(Unix)/4.0.23/4.3.10-2/Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

haloace wrote

perhaps if there is only a message if there is an error and no message if it submits fine?

yes that a good idea 3 or 5 seconds to read the message, if there is no message he only redirects, that a really good idea, but as andreas said it's perhaps harder to code, we will see, if i can do it i will Very Happy

i also had some minor ideas, like adding a mail script to inform admins when somebody creates a new webpage on your site, or alerts can be send to you if somebody adds a comment in your guestbook ...

a new cpgn will hit the road soon, but my script is not part of it, because i'm not a team member, yet. the cpgn team had no time to check my work. If they do i will perhaps be able to join if it's good enough for them, but that's for the next release probably, pehaps cpgn9.5 Big grin . But i want to realease a new test version for you guys outside, i hope to finish it soon, it will work with cpgn9 and it will be avaible the same day as the alpha release of cpgn9.

www.nukecommunity.com

DebianGNU/1.3.31/4.0.18/4.3.4/8.3 CVS

Chris, just checking, your current script is 100% compatible with the upcoming 9.0/OS release, right?

Ideas for future releases: Group allowances (certain groups are allowed to have webpages, another group might be allowed this and that, you get the idea, right?)

How close for a "full install" are you right now?

Andreas Rönnqvist
www.omegaproject.se
[OmegaProject] Founder

Andreas wrote
Chris, just checking, your current script is 100% compatible with the upcoming 9.0/OS release, right?

i'm not quite sure, i did not install the latest CVS, there are some heavy things that changed, they still rewrite parts of the bbcode, the attach mod is now part of the core, and vars change every day. The new cpg-nuke (dragonfly) will be ready soon, then i will upgrade my package to work with it, this should take me one or two days.

Andreas wrote
Ideas for future releases: Group allowances (certain groups are allowed to have webpages, another group might be allowed this and that, you get the idea, right?)

yes that's a really good idea, the groups are really cool, in 9.0 the groups are really usefull, i also think that in the future there will be no more anonymus people, registered people and admins, there will be three main groups, the anonymus group, the users group, and the admins group, when you join a site you are in the first group, then you can join the seond group if you register. This will make things easier to handle and people don't have to login as admin and as user, they simply login and if they are in the group admin and in the group user, then they have access to the whole site.

as soon as cpgn 9 is ready i will donwload it and update my your account package to work with it, i'm still adding little features and making some small fixes...

www.nukecommunity.com

Just wanted to say you are excellent Chris! You're doing a great work and I am VERY impressed with it. Good thing you'll be getting the CPG-Certified Secure done for free as well! Smile

Andreas Rönnqvist
www.omegaproject.se
[OmegaProject] Founder

Great joob chris333! Prety fine Big grin

I was think in using some of your code in the CPG-Nuke 8.2b site iam working in. Can i use it?

----------------------------------------
corp.netrulon.com - CPG-Nuke 8.2b Tweaked
corpteam.superihost.com

Fedora Core2/Apache 2.0/MySQL 3.23.58/PHP 4.3.8/CPG-Nuke 8.2b

Very Happy thx

NO don't use this files with stable sites, these files are not for 8.2 or 8.2b or 8.2b2

you can open the files and look at what i have done and tell me what to change, but DON'T try to use them on your site, until you know what you do, i did not test them with the latest cvs version, they probably don't work, i will bring out a new package as soon as the final cpgn9 is released ...

you can see a test site for the your account tweaks here: www.yoohoo.lu , you can everyhting there, please report bugs with the contact module...

take a look at the cpg projects here at dragonflycms.net, if you want to know when the new cpgn9 is ready...

www.nukecommunity.com

chris333 wrote
Very Happy thx

NO don't use this files with stable sites, these files are not for 8.2 or 8.2b or 8.2b2

you can open the files and look at what i have done and tell me what to change, but DON'T try to use them on your site, until you know what you do, i did not test them with the latest cvs version, they probably don't work, i will bring out a new package as soon as the final cpgn9 is released ...

you can see a test site for the your account tweaks here: www.yoohoo.lu, you can everyhting there, please report bugs with the contact module...

take a look at the cpg projects here at dragonflycms.net, if you want to know when the new cpgn9 is ready...

while i at your site to look YA Demo then i find an Array20

Firefox is my Favorite Browser

Apache/1.3.34 (Unix)/4.0.25-standard/4.4.1/CVS

Your URL to www.yoohoo.lu has a ' , ' at the end, gives a broken link... Wink

XP / 2.0 / 5.1 / 5.2 / none

t31os wrote
Your URL to www.yoohoo.lu has a ' , ' at the end, gives a broken link... Wink

Fixed.

NEMINI.org, NEMINI.us, NEMINI.info, NYMINI.org

1.3.34 (Unix)/4.1.18-standard/4.4.2 /9.1.0.8 CVS

I scanned through this entire thread and didn't see this suggestion ... my apologies if it was already mentioned ...

I'd LOVE to be able to add fields into the user page (which I think of as a user's profile page to be honest) that allow multiple choices radio buttons, so that if I wanted to supply them with a list of options like say, do you like fighting games, racing games, RPG games, shooting games, puzzle games, etc., that they could choose several, and only the ones they listed would appear on their user page.

I also liked the idea of having a drop down menu so I could input a whole range of options that I would only allow one choice for and they could choose from that.

I know that the development for this vversion is in lock down, but if you are looking for ideas after that - that's what I'm longing for.

It sounds like what was already done is pretty awesome, I'm really excited to see it, but since it won't work for 8.2, I'll have to with until there's a stable 9.0 upgrade available. (BTW, just how easy IS it to upgrade in CPG with a heavily modded site?)

I'm loving CPG more and more I have to say and the community here has pretty much on the whole been pretty awesome - I'll be donating funds as soon as extra cash comes in just cuz so far this is largely been a REALLY positive experience.

Thanks to the staff for making this so cool and relatively easy!

[ Linux / Apache 2.2.8 / MySQL 5.0.45 / PHP 5.2.6 / CPG 8.2b - 9.3.4.1]

alyssa wrote
I scanned through this entire thread and didn't see this suggestion ... my apologies if it was already mentioned ...

I'd LOVE to be able to add fields into the user page (which I think of as a user's profile page to be honest) that allow multiple choices radio buttons, so that if I wanted to supply them with a list of options like say, do you like fighting games, racing games, RPG games, shooting games, puzzle games, etc., that they could choose several, and only the ones they listed would appear on their user page.

yes the feature you asked for is already in cpg-nuke, the lastest dragonfly allows the admin to create new fields in the user infos page, you can also set up if the new field is required or not ... a lot of changes have already be done by the cpg-nuke team, these changes are great and really usefull... Laughing Laughing

alyssa wrote

I'm loving CPG more and more I have to say and the community here has pretty much on the whole been pretty awesome - I'll be donating funds as soon as extra cash comes in just cuz so far this is largely been a REALLY positive experience.

yeah we all do cpg-nuke is really amazing ...

i will release a new "your_account_package" as soon as the first stable dragonfly 9.0 version is released. Big grin

www.nukecommunity.com

Oooo I *just* found a new wishhhhhhh LOL (I am so durn bad)

Now this might have been suggested - I forget since its been a bit since I sat down and read through every post...

.. but I'd LOVE to have a easy way to make a LINK field - where I could add a link and name it whatever like

url: __________________
link text: _______________

And then be able to add a few of those into the profile page.

Also I'd love it if the link's target was able to be set - in other words - open a new window, or stay within the existing window.

*gets all dreamy eyed*

That would be cool.

Maybe for the next version unless it's already added in LOL.

[ Linux / Apache 2.2.8 / MySQL 5.0.45 / PHP 5.2.6 / CPG 8.2b - 9.3.4.1]

this is also possible, you can add new blocks with cpg 9.0 to your account module (with my addon you also can change their order but that's another story) look at the cvs www.dragonflycms.net/c...r_Account/ there is a new folder called "blocks" this folder has the blocks that are showed on the your account page, you just have to add a block that has the content you mentioned.

www.nukecommunity.com