Miscellaneous ⇒ User & Newbie Resources :: Archives ⇒ Online SQL reference :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUser & Newbie Resources

Archived ⇒ Online SQL reference

Here's a great resource I've used for a while in writing/reading SQL. It's not 100% complete as it's written from a Microsoft point of view but it's good none-the-less.

www.devguru.com/Techno...intro.html

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Fedora Core 1, Apache 1.3.33, Mysql 4.1.14, PHP 5.0.5 w/ APC cache, Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

In the same vein, I've just discovered an online SQL validator for SQL92, SQL99 and SQL2003 code.

developer.mimer.com/va.../index.htm

Ran across this thing when trying to determine if the SQL code currently used in CPGN is SQL compliant (it isn't). But, that's another topic.

Debian Sarge 2.6.8/2.0.54/Postgres 7.4.7/4.3.10/9.0.5.0+

Tank,

Why would someone pay $10.00 for a document you can get better for free?

Why would they pay for the Microsoft JET details of SQL and not the MYSQL/PostgreSQL software that most use?

Here:

dev.mysql.com/doc/

You can choose to read the documentation online, or download your preferred version of the documentation. Your not forced to a PDF if you don't want them (you prefer html version which is really a better choice for technical documents, not PDF)

When you install mysql server you also get the full documentation installed also.

Perhaps no one looks in mysql/docs but they are there Smile

Save your $10.00 for a more worthwhile expense, like food and water Smile

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

wow.. 4 months later I run across this post...

sorry I didn't respond sooner.

first off you don't have to buy anthing. Secondly, I posted this as an online resource which is free. you just click on each section and it tells you what you need to know and it does it in a way that most "Newbies" can understand it. The mysql docs are great and a huge source of information that I use all the time. They are just alittle harder to get through in my opinion.

so if you're main gripe was that I posted a "pay" resource then set your mind at ease.. it isn't. You only have to pay to download the PDF version. Which is not something I do anyway. I think most people would rather jump online for a quick reference than sort through a PDF doc anyway.

Search is your friend

Fedora Core 1, Apache 1.3.33, Mysql 4.1.14, PHP 5.0.5 w/ APC cache, Dragonfly 9.0.6.1