Support ⇒ Requests :: Archives ⇒ Webshop module as a standard module for gpgnuke? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexRequests

Archived ⇒ Webshop module as a standard module for gpgnuke?

As a standalone, oscommerce is quite good, but linking (or bridging) to Dragonfly is not simple.

Oscommerce is complex and its coding is not suited to Dragonfly, so it is unlikely it will ever be fully ported as a module e.g. it is not coded for 'register_globals off' which is a major conflict with Dragonfly.

Aside from running it as a standalone, you might consider setting it up so that its user database can be drawn from dragonfly.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

hm i have seen that. Nov i trying to understand the code of it but it is very simply i thing

Vista/2.2.9/5.0.45/5.2.6/9.2.1

Out of curiousity has anyone looked into some of the other shopping systems as a possibility for intergration. osC seems by far the best to me but if it cant be ported then why not look at some of the others Very Happy

Linux / 1.3.33 / 4.0.24 / 4.3.11 / 9.1.0.8 CVS

They all can be ported, but they all require a huge amount of work to do so - same with zencart which is another good system.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Phoenix wrote
They all can be ported, but they all require a huge amount of work to do so - same with zencart which is another good system.

it looks good

i will try it

TehBooster wrote
Out of curiousity has anyone looked into some of the other shopping systems as a possibility for intergration. osC seems by far the best to me but if it cant be ported then why not look at some of the others Very Happy

I had looked into a fews, but it is tough like Pheonix said. It take a lot of work.

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1

yes but allot of work is better for dragonfly.

the sistem is now very powerful and it can be even better

***Preface***
I am not a PHP coder
***End Preface***

Could there not be something like a Bridge Module built for this purpose?

Leave OSCommerce as stand alone but the Bridge Module would convert and populate Dragonfly data to OSC databases. Set up a DF admin function to give member groups buy/sell/trade priveledges, and VIOLA!

Yes, I am sure it is not nearly this easy, but somebody really needs to get a commerce module done for Dragonfly. The demand is huge.

Slammer

Linux / Apache 2.2.10 (Unix) / MySQL 5.0.67 / PHP 5.2.6 / 9.1.2

As an professional developer i can tell you that each opensource shopping solution available is NOT suitable for real life solutions.

The issue is NOT the product management but is more targeted to payment, taxes, order and discount management.
Shure they are nice to use to offer products but if you realy sold something you must store all details atleast 3 years and fill it in on your yearly government tax bills, etc.

None of the OS solutions have a reliable order tracking system nor a reliable product ammount tracking.

If some of you already noticed in the DF core there is some shop stuff (CPG_SHOP). That's because i've started a profesional shopping solution 2 years ago but didn't have the time to further develop the solution. Mainly because Dragonfly and many other CMS are not capable enough to reliably track and store all essential data.

This doesn't mean there will be no shop but it could take years unless a few good developers that are familiar with POS programming wanna merge together as a group and then i will join that group with my knowledge.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Thanks DJMaze, we all appreciate all of the work you do.

However, I am of the opinion that a less than perfect commerce solution is better than no solution at all, which is what we have now.

Slammer

Is"t any real Ecommerce module where is shopping cart system, and you can use credit card payment, Pay in delivery and you can choose chipping method, post or pick up store?

Finnish Cpg-Nuke Community

CPG 9.1.0.8 CVS

Nope, not at the moments. There was one that was ported back with CPG NUKE 8.x. But for Dragonfly 9.x still have not seen any.

Not Yet, though many of us are waiting patiently.

myndworx.com/ is working on a module that will hopefully be ready soon.

Slammer

Is that CafePress Pro, you are talking about? I am still confused on how that work.

Cafepress isnt really a shopping module though as you cant sell your own products, only merchandise made by cafepress with your logo on it.

Linux / 1.3.33 / 4.0.24 / 4.3.11 / 9.1.0.8 CVS