Miscellaneous ⇒ Licenses, GPL & Violations :: Archives ⇒ PC-Nuke Imitators? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexLicenses, GPL & Violations

Archived ⇒ PC-Nuke Imitators? This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Akamu pointed this out to the irc channel this morning... and since I didn't see a post in here yet, I thought I'd make one.

It seems that CPG-Nuke has been 'borrowed' to form the basis of PC-Nuke.

OK, so maybe 'borrowed' is too light a term. It IS CPG-Nuke with a charcoal theme on it. Even the error pages are CPG themed... but grey.

www.pcnuke.com/

Check it out...

Evil or Very Mad

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
FreeBSD 4.7 on a virtual machine / Apache and Apache2 / MySQL 4.1.11 / PHP 4.3.8

We know about the system pcnuke and the owner is informed.
He maybe tried to hide his information but we always find out.

A good example of what we do with derivative works that don't inform us is described here: cpgnuke.com/Forums/vie...=5474.html

Please don't spam the guy because what he does is NOT illegal (this will be investigated though, there's a glitch in section 2c of GPL).
However he doesn't get any support and feedback from all devs because i've informed them.

A derivative work like pc-nuke can recieve support if they support us, it's a "give and take".
ip's and other info is always logged from each member even when they don't supply their www we always find them.
It took me exactly 5 minutes by googling for "seboyd2000"
and a whois within 1 minute told me the owner of that site.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Last edited by DJ Maze on Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

Thanks for the added traffic to our site

perhaps cpg-nuke never would of come about if it werent for php-nuke, we are only trying to make abetter product, as is everyone. Cpg-Nuke has gone through a like change, so for people who believe in open source theres a lot of bitchin goin on.

Cpg-Nuke never gave a group of us the support we needed, but we liked the product, so we are channing it for the better in another way, hey you gotta start somewhere, as did php-nuke & cpg-nuke, everything came from somewhere, and as you can see we are not trying to hide it. Its just not polite to spam people as you were doing, these people know who they are. This isnt a battle to us at pcnuke, its just another source of nuke going in another direction.... as for the link above, he's another member from our site to.

pcnuke

OS/Apache/MySQL/PHP/

pcnuke we don't spam anyone, if you have proove of our spam then you could have done legal action against it.

The owner of pcnuke.com is seboyd5000 so to me seboyd2000 is the same person.
A notice about creating a derivative work was appropiate but you didn't.
Other people nicely ask if they may use it and if we want credit for it.

So all spam that you get now from members is your own fault by not providing any information regarding your project.

As a sidenode seboyd2000 has posted on several websites that he "found" an incredible CMS named pcnuke.
Found this one, installed it, it has many add-ons included in it and seems to work very well.

PC-NUKE! is a php Content Management System, or Web Portal system. PC-NUKE! believes most people want to use their websites, not be in the continuous process of working on the software they created their sites with. We've researched, and tested many portal softwares, including most of the addons. This process took time, downloading, installing, seeing if they worked right. Most addons didn't work because the versions they're designed for, aren't made for the newest version of the software currently available. We've included more "working" add-ons in this version. It's a complete package. PC-NUKE! also has free video tutorials for its members to view in the forum, such topics as: Installing an Apache server, or installation of the Pc-Nuke! CMS program. Download it and Add-ons at:

That is spam.

well Dj where are all these rules your taking about written, because I didnt see a place where they are posted, and didnt know about asking first on every open source project in the world. I thought that was the purpose of open source, take make it better. We posted credits inside the file headers and thought that was enough, sorry to offend ya, wasnt looking to do that, as I said before this isnt a battle to us, we just are going another direction.
As for seboyd... overall, shes another person who uses my network, so your facts are wrong on her and what she posted is the samething posted on our frontpage, and what your calling spam doesnt apply specifically to one web portal, we posted that after testing many portals from various sources.....

OS/Apache/MySQL/PHP/

seboyd5000 and seboyd2000 are so much look a like that it's hard to believe it are 2 different persons because it will give a lot of misunderstanding.

GPL says that giving appropiate credit is appreciated which you did so i'm not complaining that you use our code. (hack i even asked to not spam, see above)
But not notifying someone that you use their code is not nice in the human sence of the word and could have prevent all spam and accusations you get.

I'm not responsible for that, but deleting my account on your website is another response on disbehaviour.
Opensource and freedom of speech is everywhere (even in germany) so why delete someone his account ?

If seboyd2000 is one of your users, then why is she asking help and support here ?
Our rules and regulations say enough.
So i PM'ed her to give me an explanation which she didn't as of yet although she did read it.

As a node seboyd2000 used the same email address to register on this website which is mentioned in an whois check for the registered domain pcnuke.com
www.whois.net/whois.cg...pcnuke.com

So is she a user or the owner ?

P.S. I thought steven is a boys name

Last edited by DJ Maze on Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

lol, i think its fair to make your own assumptions..... but i know what mine are.. Very Happy

XP / 2.0 / 5.1 / 5.2 / none

So whats the differencr between the 2 (cpg & pcnuke)

.::..::.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2

Amazing how seboyd2000 claims in his/her profile to be from the USA but he/she is using a Deutsche Telekom AG dial-up ... the same as pcnuke is using.

NEMINI.org, NEMINI.us, NEMINI.info, NYMINI.org

1.3.34 (Unix)/4.1.18-standard/4.4.2 /9.1.0.8 CVS

yeah, although i'd like to see what direction pcnuke is going...

the major difference to cpgnuke and phpnuke is the security cpgnuke offers - what does pcnuke offer that cpgnuke does not?

[]D [] []\/[] []D
Check out my bear site - www.insidebear.com

RHL7 2.6.9-67.0.15ELsmp/A1.3.41(Unix)/MySQL4.1.22-standard/PHP5.2.5-ZO/Dragonfly 9.1.2.1

Good question masterbeta

CHECK OUT THE FASTEST GROWING IMAGE UPLOADER ON THE NET!

Linux/Apache 1.3.31 /PHP 4.3.9/mySQL 4.0.20 / 8.2b

Why would you want to fork CPG-Nuke? It's a growing cms, it hadn't come to a halt with stupid devs like phpNuke had.

I took a look at it & it does look nice & have features.

In my real job I am a project manager for an automotive manufacturer & we have several teams that work isolated from each other towards the same goal, at predesignated intervals the project managers collaborate & share data hopeing to spark a more viable solution.

If this could be done here with all parties involved who knows how far this project can go.

Big grin

Debian/Apache2/MySQL 4.1.15-Debian/PHP4 4.4.2-1build1/9.1.1

Wide that's all what GPL is about.
Share your code and tell it to the world.

However by evaluating the person as mentioned above this wasn't the case and he was asking support for a derivative work (like asking ferari why their engine doesn't work in a ford)

Ofcourse we are open for any solution they will come up with.