General ⇒ FAQ (Frequently Answered Questions) :: Archives ⇒ Login Security Code Blank :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexFAQ (Frequently Answered Questions)

Archived ⇒ Login Security Code Blank

i used an non-utf8 editor and saved some files..
now i tried to use notepad2 to open the file and resave them again in utf8 unsigned ...

did that with all the files with different dates [ ie edited by me ] and saved as utf8 with notepad and uploaded them again...

security codes still doesnt show..
using latest...9.10 dragonfly..

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Do you actually have the image present in your theme?

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

I'm having the same issue. I have read every single post regarding security code/images not showing up. I WAS using Notepad but am now using Notepad2 and UltraEdit. I have checked every single file I touched to make sure there is no BOM and they are UTF-8 with no signature. I've verified the image is not corrupt and have tried .jpg and .png... by their selves and both in the theme's image dir.

The gfx checker says I have a BOM and quizzes me about the config file..which I don't remember editing with NP...regardless it is utf-8 with no BOM's I can see in NP2 and UltraEdit. The only thing about the config file is that NP2 says it's ANSI when I reopen the file, even after I have encoded it as utf-8 then saved and NP2 states as much in the status bar.

I have the security code off right now but otherwise I am stumped. Am I missing something?

This was an upgrade from 8.2.

Brad G
Recovering PHPNuke junkie

FC4/2.0.59/4.1.12/4.4.4/9.1.2.1

What theme? Have you tried setting to default theme?
Site link might help...
I just found out one of my themes had a BOM in the theme.php file

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1

Hard to say, given that your www doesn't exist?

I use the default theme exclusively with some minor mods to css. I have already checked the theme.php file.. no bom.

Phoenix I'll PM my url to you but it's not getting posted here.

Thanks,

Brad G

The most frequent cause of BOM is an edited language file.

Aside from that I also notice a lot of <br \/> => <br />, and News/article/sid=4378.html has several odd characters.

HMM.. well I converted the db to utf8 but I don't recall seeing those in recent articles... I actually checked that a few days ago when you helped me with the define('DB_CHARSET', NULL); issue in config.php. Now I'm really scratching my head.

Brad G

Well, it seems independent of modules or right blocks.

So, it comes down to theme.php, language files, core files like config.php or any recent file you may have upgraded.

I have checked every file I touched...wasn't many. I've even uploaded unedited files from the core just to make sure... except from config which I downloaded and checked in NP2... remember it is staying ANSI even after I save to UTF8...not sure what that's about.

Brad G

hmm, I can see the BOM in your page source, immediately before your header, "<!DOCTYPE html....."

But, that doesn't tell me which file it comes from - another approach is to upload all the original files for the language and includes directories, excluding includes/config.php

I did a full upload of the language and includes files... once again.. but it did the trick this time. Obviously I screwed up a file somewhere and was overlooking it in my search.

Unwanted characters are gone, security code works, etc. all is good now.

Thank you for you guidance!

Brad G

My browser remembers my userid/password for admin, etc.

I decided today I'd test something I did, so I logged out as "admin" and logged back in and lo and behold:

No security image.

I know for a fact that it worked at some point, I have no access to my site now.

I use Textpad, and have had no issues with anything thus far.

I tested the site here:

www.dragonflycms.org/G...ecker.html and it says

"The PNG image has a corrupt header."

I have done quite a bit of tweaking over the course of the past few weeks, so I have only two options:

1. Bypass the image system and shut it off.
(I have no idea how to do this in 9.1.1 and this thread didn't cover it for 9.1.1. that I could see)

2. Fix it so it works without re-uploading too many files that I've changed.

I know it might be theme related but I have to get into admin mode to change my theme to default so I can figure it out...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to xxiis.com without registering using : testuser/testuser

XXIIs.com, the storytelling site. Get paid to share your stories. Kids, teens, adult, etc. Weekly or Monthly serials delivered to your Inbox. Join today!

FreeBSD-5.5p1/1.3.37(Unix)/5.0.33-log/5.2.0/9.1.1

never mind.

replaced original png file with the default theme's and it worked fine.

Login to xxiis.com without registering using : testuser/testuser

XXIIs.com, the storytelling site. Get paid to share your stories. Kids, teens, adult, etc. Weekly or Monthly serials delivered to your Inbox. Join today!

FreeBSD-5.5p1/1.3.37(Unix)/5.0.33-log/5.2.0/9.1.1