General ⇒ FAQ (Frequently Answered Questions) :: Archives ⇒ Login Security Code Blank :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexFAQ (Frequently Answered Questions)

Archived ⇒ Login Security Code Blank

I have this issue suddenly. Cleared the cache, and whoomp. Noone can register because the image for the security code does not show. Did the graphics check, shows okay. No edits to the index.php or anything.

Ideas?

-----------------------

www.purplepride.org
Home of Vikings Fans Worldwide
www.wildfans.com
Home of Wild Fans Worldwide

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
W2003/IIS6/4.x/ /9.0.5

Updating to PHP 5.1β3 or newer solved this and other problems for me.

Linux 2.6.17.11-grsechg / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 4.1.21-standard / PHP 5.2.1 / Dragonfly 9.1.1

Note to self, don't clear the cache ever. That's when this problem appeared. So updating shouldn't matter as it worked before.

There used to be cached cpgnuke theme files in there. I removed all themes but our current one...so wonder if somehow that matters??

-----------------------

www.purplepride.org
Home of Vikings Fans Worldwide
www.wildfans.com
Home of Wild Fans Worldwide

W2003/IIS6/4.x/ /9.0.5

I have noticed that it is theme dependant. If I use the dragonfly theme everything shows up fine, but if I use the American Patriot theme it doesn't show.

Linux 2.4.21 / Apache / 4.0.25 / 4.3.11 / 9.0.6.1

What part of the theme actually tells it what background to use or has anything to do with the security code?

I just upgraded from 8.x and have had no problems with the upgrade, but the themes seem to be the root of this problem for me. In order to log in as administrator I have to login as a use then change my theme. Then I goto the admin page and login with no problem.

Linux 2.4.21 / Apache / 4.0.25 / 4.3.11 / 9.0.6.1

I have tried everything within this thread and still can't get this to show, I also don't use notepad as an editor but retraced all my steps to make sure no spaces were in any of the file edits, when I try to get my graphic I get the following error:

The image “http://www.caltonradio.com/gfx/id=420210.html” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I have GD installed and everything on as I said I checked everything that was stated within this thread. I just updated to the latest CVS version last night.

Have a look at my new chat home: www.worldwidechatters.com
Looking for hosting www.caltonhosting.com

Just as a note, I downloaded the latest snapshot again and when opening them with notepad2 or alleycode HTML editor every single file has a space at the bottom of the file.

So even uploading that wouldn't fix the problem.

Have you tried the GFXChecker in the main menu?
dragonflycms.org/GFXChecker.html

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Yes, it tells me "The image has a UTF-8 BOM (Byte Order Mark) header.
Did you edit config.php with notepad?"

I have not used notepad I used alleycode html editor and always have to edit my files, I only edited 7 files after I uploaded the CVS, so I went and checked them all, plus the theme.php within my themes. I then went and checked every file in the root folder and every file within the includes, didn't go under that.

I downloaded another CVS snapshot aswell as notepad2 as soon as I opened the snapshot and started checking files they all had a gab at the end of the files.

There are well over 1000 files within the core and then if you add the numerous blocks and modules I have this could get quite tedious editing them all. Uploading the latest snapshot is also out as I said it has gaps. The image worked perfectly until my latest update.

CVS files shouldn't have any issues, un-edited.

It can also mean you used a UTF-8 compliant editor, but saved it with BOM, which is not correct.

In any event, the config.php file was setup long ago to be independent of UTF-8, because so many people editted incorrectly.

A space at the bottom won't have any impact on most files, as they don't have the closing "?>"

At the bottom of my config.php I have
//session_save_path('/home/SOMETHING/tmp');

There is no gab underneath, I have tried to upload the CVS twice now and still have the same issue, so I'm not sure what to do.

I Recommend this to you - dragonflycms.org/Downl...id=76.html

Firefox is my Favorite Browser

Apache/1.3.34 (Unix)/4.0.25-standard/4.4.1/CVS

@Bluefin221 - I guess you still haven't connected the dots.

You stated earlier that you have notepad2 (UTF-8 compliant).

Most DF files must be edited with a UTF-8 compliant editor (without signature).

The GFXChecker is telling you there is a UTF-8 BOM issue.

There are many UTF-8 compliant editors, like UltraEdit, Crimson Editor, NotePad2 but, AlleyCode doesn't appear to be one.

Language Forum Sticky dragonflycms.org/Forum...t=217.html

(btw, CVS doesn't require you to edit config)

I changed the way my files were opened to notepad2, then downloaded the core again, uploaded it and then made any edits I had to, the image works again.

Thanks for your patience Phoenix

You're welcome - UTF-8 has taken many victims (self included).