Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Coppermine ⇒ Watermark in coppermine album for cpg nuke ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Coppermine

Watermark in coppermine album for cpg nuke Reply to topic

Hello
I really need a function that watermarks pictures and photos that users uploads.
Adding my domain address on every photo/image
Because when I am uploading photos visitors steels them..
and put them on their sites..
Please can any one help me... I really need it...

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
apache, mysql, cpg nuke 9.0

well, when a user submits their own photo onto coppermin/cpg/cms site's, it IS the user's own photo

the site does not own that photo since in doing so it would violate the user's intellectual copyrights...unless you specify that once uploaded it's the site's property - which will hinder people's uploads...

a watermark is a cool idea so people will know where the photo's come from in order to promote your site, but imo an absolutely awful idea if you want to "own" people's photos...

i haven't looked into this but you can ask your server for help on how gd works (or as crazy as it sounds, do a search) : )

either way, once a watermark is available use it wisely, not for gain

[]D [] []\/[] []D
Check out my bear site - www.insidebear.com

RHL7 2.6.9-67.0.15ELsmp/A1.3.41(Unix)/MySQL4.1.22-standard/PHP5.2.5-ZO/Dragonfly 9.1.2.1

Hmm maybe someone can make it more like this:

uploaded by <username> to www.something.com

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

yes... the server I used supports GD 1 and 2..
And what DJMaze wrote it would be cool to have it like that..
Uploaded by: user @ www.domain.com
Any one know how to make that function?
Because I can´t write php..
hehe

apache, mysql, cpg nuke 9.0

"Uploaded by: user @ www.domain.com"

Is added to CVS

How about adding a text option in the admin config. Or how would I change it to put a logo or text "sample" or "proof" on it instead? A watermark is a watermark so at least it will be in there but a customized text or watermark is better for admin uploaded images.

Perhaps have a special dedicated folder that everything inside gets a special logo or text watermark. That would be an eye opening feature for cpg.

I've already explained what I need it for. I'm thinking about my needs as well as the general needs of public admins.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

I've didn't implement that on purpose.
There's a lot todo with copyrights and you never know who is the copyright holder, or do you ?

So the option for graphical watermarking and custom text isn't there.
If you know a way to avoid abuse of copyrights then go ahead and edit gd2.inc and post you results in the forums including an url or attachment with the modified files

Did anyone implemented this? I don't like the "uploaded by:...".
At least, I would prefer to have only: "copyright &web site name" (since on our site users do not upload their own photo anyhow).

Thank you.

Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) / MySQL 4.0.24 / PHP v.4.3.10 / 9.0.4 (browser: Firefox 1.0.4)

Yes and you can modify the text written to the image in db_input.php line 443

AKA Akamu / Read these and your life will be successful | Find a Repair
--
Mods and Professional Support via YIM

win32 / Apache 1.3.33 / MySQL 4.1.16/PHP 4.4/CPG-CVS ( browsers: Mozilla 1.7.x / IE6 / Opera 8.0)

Thank you Akamu Smile

It seems my file isn't the same. In db_input.php, line 443, it's different. Is it possible I do not have the latest file?
*** I've got it from CVS now... But I'm not sure what to change to get: "all right reserved to {my site name}"?

It leads me to an other question: since several files are modified, improved, how to do that all my files remain up to date?

Thank you Smile

Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) / MySQL 4.0.24 / PHP v.4.3.10 / 9.0.4 (browser: Firefox 1.0.4)

Oups... I've replaced the file db_imput.php. Now, when I try to upload, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'l10ntime' in /homepages/2/{mysitepath}/modules/coppermine/db_input.php on line 440

That line is: $tolocal = L10NTime::tolocal(gmtime(), $userinfo['user_timezone']) ;

I also got an error when uploading new picture Sad

Why? Did I do a mistake? Or may be an other file has to be loaded as well so that all works fine?

I uploaded the last version I add, and all came back to normal... Sad I guess I should uploaded a bunch of file so that they all work together fine. Is it?

can you update to latest cvs package it seems you are missing includes/classes/time.php and the code that loads it...

--

win32 / Apache 1.3.33 / MySQL 4.1.16/PHP 4.4/CPG-CVS ( browsers: Mozilla 1.7.x / IE6 / Opera 8.0)

I'll do this. Which package? I mean, should I upload all possible CVS files or just some of them?

never mix versions. If you have made modification and need to add those to the newest files then is best to use winmerge or something to diff them... with some sftp/ftp programs you can specify only to upload files with a newer file date....

--

Thank you. But I don't know how to do not mix files, because I did modifications, and I don't know any ftp which upload files placing them at the right place and only those with newer date. Do you know any?

And... where to find all files to be downloaded at once? Should we download them one by one? (hope not!).

Thank you Smile