Support ⇒ Gamers Modules & Blocks ⇒ mComp :: module for managing Online Gaming Competitions ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Gamers Modules & Blocks

mComp :: module for managing Online Gaming Competitions Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4

For what it's worth, in the time between that post ^ and this (23 minutes), I've downloaded and installed DragonFly RC1 on my site, downloaded the latest build of mComp from www.markroper.co.uk/do...gonfly.zip and uploaded / installed, no problem. (not bad considering my measly 128kb up).

www.markroper.co.uk/df...ompetition

(RC1 is even easier to install than ever, nice work guys).

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Using Dragonfly RC1 on front page & downloaded mComp version 1.2 today & got this error.

"Pain is Weakness leaving the body"
www.sportscardstrading.com

Windows XP Pro

Nopeace4u wrote
Using Dragonfly RC1 on front page & downloaded mComp version 1.2 today & got this error.

Using DragonFly RC1 on front page & downloaded mComp version 1.2 today and didn't. Could it be your server / MySQL installation? Big grin

Sorry that's not very helpful, but it works with every installation I've done, Puke 7.5, CPG-Nuke 8.2 (a,b and c) and DragonFly PR1 and RC1. And those installations span at least 4 different hosting providers that I know of.

You could edit cpg_inst.php and take the ';' off the end of each SQL statement (as that appears to be the error it's complaining about), but I wonder whether it would work anyway if there's some compatibility issue stopping it installing in the first place.

Last edited by Kendle on Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total

everything else works Confused i'll have to test it on a live web server next, right nw im testing on my home computer server.

Windows XP Pro

Any updates on this module?

Windows XP Pro

Going slowly I'm afraid. Embarassed

I'm trying to incorporate a lot of extra features in the next version and the one that's really causing me problems is the facility to have more than 2 competitors per match (so it can be used for things like card games). This has caused me to rewrite a ton of stuff and I'm almost at the point of giving up on the idea and sticking with 2 competitors per match, although they'll be able to be defined as "Teams" or "Players" depending on what type of game it is.

I'd say I've done about 80% of the new code, so hopefully it'll all come together soon.

I notice I've given you quite a headache with my talk of cardgame-tournaments and the likes? eh?

Just wanted to say that I am thankful and amazed that you are trying to incorporate those suggestions as well! Thanks!

Andreas Rönnqvist
www.omegaproject.se
[OmegaProject] Founder

Linux/Apache 2.0.52(Unix)/4.0.23/4.3.10-2/Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

I've decided to make mComp version 2.0 available for download, but on the basis that it's a beta version and will need a fair bit of testing. The biggest thing that's held me up recently is testing as I simply don't have the time or the resources to put this module through it's paces in respect to everything that it could potentially be used for.

A log of the changes in v2.0 can be found here.

The beta release can be downloaded here.

There's no documentation so you'll either have to figure it out yourself of ask! Writing the documentation is going to be a labourious task as well and I'd rather not start until this version is stable.

As it happens I now have a few other projects I need to be getting on with, which is one of the reasons I've made this release available now; why get bogged down in testing when I can get someone else to do it for me Cool

Excellent idea from an excellent developer of an excellent module... Smile

*praise praise*

Andreas Rönnqvist
www.omegaproject.se
[OmegaProject] Founder

Linux/Apache 2.0.52(Unix)/4.0.23/4.3.10-2/Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

is mComp 2.0 out still for DF ?

.::..::.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2

bigern75 wrote
is mComp 2.0 out still for DF ?

www.markroper.co.uk/index.php

Kendle's website where you can download the latest version. Kendle is constantly improving it and IIRC a major release will be out rather soon Smile

Regards,
Golem

Linux 2.6.17.8/MySQL: 4.1.22/PHP: 4.4.8/DF: 9.2.1.1

Last edited by Golem on Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thank You!

.::..::.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2

Hey, I'm using this systeam and first of all i would like to say its great, All tho i'v got a problem, I'v set up the software to use STMP but when you click create a team it dosnt send the email to activate/With the password in the compition modual, Any help would be aprichated thanks.

anyone know of a free module like this? 50 euro is to much i think

Multiple Setups

Dizfunkshunal wrote
anyone know of a free module like this? 50 euro is to much i think

How much would you suggest a 24,000 line module is worth?

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk