Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Coppermine ⇒ Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image. (page 3) ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & BlocksCoppermine

Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image. Reply to topic

FYI, reinstalled Dragonfly files and the problem persists. I switched back to GD from IM and see the following error text on upload attempt:

./includes/imaging/gd2.inc * Warning line 34: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: '/var/tmp/php7daiqJ' is not a valid JPEG file ./includes/cmsinit.inc * Warning line 623: fopen(cache/tpl_dragonfly_header.html.inc) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied * CMS Warning line 624: Cannot open file (cache/tpl_dragonfly_header.html.inc)

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.17.11-grsechg / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 4.1.21-standard / PHP 5.2.1 / Dragonfly 9.1.1

Pazu what host do you have ?
You have so much permission troubles, it seems they are so scared that they've locked everything to the bone to disallow you any access to your own webspace.

Let them contact us for advice at a $50 an hour rate.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

DJMaze wrote
Pazu what host do you have ?
You have so much permission troubles, it seems they are so scared that they've locked everything to the bone to disallow you any access to your own webspace.

Sigh. My host is run by a friend, and I have access to everything. I have my own permissions set to the minimum necessary to allow access.

For example, my web root is drwx---r-x, as are other directories inside that. Regular files are -rw----r--. This is all that's required to serve files via a web server, so I have no more granted. (In other words, my web tree uses umask 072.)

(Of course, where Dragonfly’s INSTALL.txt specifies certain permissions for certain directories, I have granted those.)

What are the default permissions you suggest to allow this software to work?

Linux 2.6.17.11-grsechg / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 4.1.21-standard / PHP 5.2.1 / Dragonfly 9.1.1

Hm, one thing I noticed is that on my Solaris installation Dragonfly wants to put the uploaded photo into /modules/coppermine/albums/userpics
/10002, while on my test OS X installation the photo goes straight into /modules/coppermine/albums/userpics.

This could account for some of the error messages:

Warning line 40: exec() [function.exec]: Unable to fork [/usr/local/bin/convert -quality 80 -antialias -interlace plane -geometry 2048x1536 '/var/tmp/phpk_aOOf' 'modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/schnee.jpg' 2>&1]
# CMS Warning line 45: Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: -1
Cmd line : /usr/local/bin/convert -quality 80 -antialias -interlace plane -geometry 2048x1536 '/var/tmp/phpk_aOOf' 'modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/schnee.jpg'
The convert program said:
# Warning line 46: unlink(modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/schnee.jpg) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory

Since the .jpg file is not, in fact, in userpics, but rather in userpics/10002.

Why is it going there? Does the folder correspond to an album? If so, then why isn’t this happening on my OS X install? If I delete the directory, it simply reappears on the next upload attempt.

…so, is it normal for the uploaded photo to go into userpics/10002 or not?

Been keeping an eye on this post.I've been having this problem with CVS site for a week or so.

Have just updated latest CVS and problem has now resolved.

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

Suse11.4 - LAMP on zypper - ISPConfig 3

Okay, this is the error I am getting, none of these solutions have worked so far for me.
and how do you install imagemagick on a 2003 server running iis and php. Sorry, still have my new car smell.

Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

File: d:\prophets\forum4\modules\coppermine\db_input.php - Line: 446

and this

includes\imaging\im.inc
Warning line 44: exec(): Unable to fork [/imagemagick/convert "C:\PHP\uploadtemp\php47.tmp" -quality 80 -antialias -geometry 1280x960 "modules\coppermine\albums\userpics\10002\mlna0019.jpg" 2>&1]
CMS Warning line 49: Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: -1
Cmd line : /imagemagick/convert "C:\PHP\uploadtemp\php47.tmp" -quality 80 -antialias -geometry 1280x960 "modules\coppermine\albums\userpics\10002\mlna0019.jpg"

Warning line 50: unlink(modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/mlna0019.jpg): No such file or directory

2003/IIS/ 4.0.23/4.3.9/9.0.1.1

RedGerry wrote
Been keeping an eye on this post.I've been having this problem with CVS site for a week or so.

Have just updated latest CVS and problem has now resolved.

Any idea what files changed that might have fixed this? Maybe we can hope for a maintenance release sometime soon.

I had similar issues on a site I installed a couple of weeks ago - essentially just update all the files in modules/coppermine/..... plus the includes/coppermine directory.

Phoenix wrote
I had similar issues on a site I installed a couple of weeks ago - essentially just update all the files in modules/coppermine/..... plus the includes/coppermine directory.

I’m having CVS problems, and would prefer not to go the CVS route, anyway. Might you be able to gzip up these directories and e-mail them to me?

Hm, dead silence…

Oh, well. Any chance of a 9.0.1.2 release at some point?

I updated to the latest, html-200503151200/9.0.1.9, and sadly the problem still occurs.

./includes/imaging/gd2.inc * Warning line 34: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: '/var/tmp/phpt6aqEM' is not a valid JPEG file

how do you install imagemagick on a IIS/2003 system so that it works with coppermine?

2003/IIS/ 4.0.23/4.3.9/9.0.1.1

Ok I am having the same issue as all above.
It is a fresh install of Dragonfly downloaded today from the site. I have all the chmod settings correct

The errors I am getting is
CMS Warning line 49: Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 127 Cmd line : convert 'modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/php27Udok' -quality 80 -antialias -geometry 185x231 'modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/epic_lvl.gif' sh: line 1: convert: command not found Warning line 50: unlink(modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/epic_lvl.gif): No such file or directory

I have tested this with a .gif, .jpg and .png file. I have made sure all were lower case with no change.
I have heard about a SILLY_SAFE_MODE file but I do not know where it is so I do not know whether it is commented out or not.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

OS=Linux/Apache=1.3.33 (Unix)/MySQL=4.0.25-standard/PHP=4.3.11/CPGNuke=9.0.6.0

Not sure if this covers all the issues in this thread but it might help those using GD2 and PHP 4.1.1. For the background check:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35060

Here's a workaround. Add two lines to the imaging/gd2.inc file around line 90 ...

if ($dest_info[2] == IMAGETYPE_GIF) { if (!imagegif($dst_img, $dest_file)) { return -3; } } else if ($dest_info[2] == IMAGETYPE_JPEG) { // PHP 4.1.1 workaround touch($dest_file); chmod($dest_file,0777); // if (!isset($dest_info['quality']) || intval($dest_info['quality']) < 10) $dest_info['quality'] = 85; if (!imagejpeg($dst_img, $dest_file, intval($dest_info['quality']))) { return -3; } } else { if (!imagepng($dst_img, $dest_file)) { return -3; } }

FC2 / 2.0.51 / 5.0.15 / 4.1.1 / 9.0.6.1