Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ Forums Centre Block module ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Forums Centre Block module Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 724, 25, 26 Next

I was wondering if anyone has a block or if there is one available that shows active threads along with the topic Icons?

I have seen many center blocks for forums, but none show the topic icons.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.29 (Unix)/4.0.18-standard/4.3.4

something like this? http://www.imeshchat.net/index.php

Les fruits bien mûrs au goût de miel

Suse Linux/ Apache 1.3.29 (Unix)/ MySQL 4.0.20/ PHP 4.3.10/ Dragonfly 9.0.5.0

Exactly like that. Smile where might i find it?

Linux/1.3.29 (Unix)/4.0.18-standard/4.3.4

I can send you the file by email

Daimos,

Could you post it here as an attachment? I'm interested in those centre forum block icons also.

Cheers,

Ronin
Ronin Technologies
Dragonfly Google Maps Module

Ubuntu 14.04 / 2.4.7 / 5.5.37 / 5.5.9 / 9.4.0.0

Sure. I modified the old forums centre block, ported by masterbeta. See the file head for the changes and optional settings.

Edit: 'Twas added to the Downloads

I've merged this and Red Gerry's centre forum block into one that combines all the features from each one and allows you to enable/disable many of them. I also added a couple of new features such as direct links to attatchments when you click the attachment icon and an optional "Forum" colum.

Cheers,

Ronin
Ronin Technologies

hey Ronin, good work. problem though - if you set "display views" to 0, it still displays the column, just without content. but it doesn't display the "views" header, so the headers are moved across and don't make sense. hmmm... neither does this post lol. just set "views" to 0 and see for yourself. anyone got ideas for a fix? i love this new block Smile

Linux / Apache 1.3.33 / MySQL 4.1.11-standard / PHP Version 4.3.10 / Dragonfly v9.0.6.1

Ronin, $topic_attachment is read from _bbtopics, i.e. if topic_attachment != 0. If topic_attachment is one, e.g. cause the first post has an attachment, your block shows the attachment icon, but might give a wrong link if the last post had no attachment.

I edited my block a little again. It now has an optional column for the forums and additional (optional) forum links and stats, plus an optional column which shows the IP icon, visible for admins only, of course.
The attachment icon indicated that there is an attachment in the topic, Im not sure yet if I will add an attachment link, since Im unsure whether to add the first attachment or the one in the last post.

Updated the Download

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Here's the latest merged version that has all the features including Daimos' new ones. As this is a post based block, I've made it so it only shows the attachment icon if the post has an attachment, not the topic. This way the attachment icon can always have a valid link to the attachment.

Thanks to Red Gerry, Daimos, Maserbeta/emanoyhl whoever else wrote code that contributed to this block over the eons.

If any more center forum block features pop up I'll try to keep this one up to date so that one is available that has all the functionality that can be enabled/disabled based on a users tastes/requirements.

Cheers,

Ronin
Ronin Technologies

Help..

I installed the Forum latest posts center block from the downloads section www.dragonflycms.net/D...id=91.html

Everything worked fine, until I made a post in the forum, and I got this error:

On /leavers03/
While executing query "SELECT username, user_id FROM nuke_users where user_id='2'"

the following error occured: Table 'abenweek_nuke1.nuke_users' doesn't exist

In: /home/abenweek/public_html/leavers03/blocks/block-New_Forum_Posts.php on line: 115

It's linked to the block, as when i disactivated it, the error went away. Any ideas on how to fix it?

CPG-Nuke Dragonfly

I just downloaded it and used it to do a reply and then did a reply directly in the forums with no problem whatsoever. That means its not the block. Are you sure the problem isn't there without the block on your site?

Cheers,

Ronin
Ronin Technologies

Only issue I see is that the admin column is duplicated when its active. Looks like lines 164 and 180 are redundant. Thanks again Daimos!

Cheers,

Ronin
Ronin Technologies

The IP column is supposed to appear twice, since one is for the topic author and one for the last post author. Maybe I will make that optional, too.