Miscellaneous ⇒ User & Newbie Resources :: Archives ⇒ Using Dragonfly for Intranet Deployment?? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUser & Newbie Resources

Archived ⇒ Using Dragonfly for Intranet Deployment??

All -- I work for a small/medium sized company that is considering utilizing a CMS for their intranet.

I currently use 8.2c for a small family site which is probably overkill, but I love the ease of use and the many things I can do quickly and safely.

What I need to find out is how others have tackled some of the larger issues I think my company might run into.

1 - the initial setup of hundreds of users
2 - the proper setup and rights for different levels
3 - the download access rights for files which would be made available to certain users

I think the biggest thing I am scratching my head over is number one. Basically since I have never done something like it before. I can't really tell everyone to utilize the signup via email since everyone will not necessarily have access to an email account.

On #2, I guess this will be trial and error.

On #3, I am assuming we could have differnt download modules available to only selected groups...

I would love to hear stories of problems/solutions that others who have done an intranet setup.

Thanks everyone for your continued help/advice!!

SEARCH the WIKI
How to Port for Dragonfly

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/Apache/MySQL 4.1.22/PHP 4.4.6/9.1.2.1

1) admin.php?op=users_cfg : Use email Activation : NO

2) Use the groups system

3) Trevor's new download module will be groups access based

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

DJMaze wrote

3) Trevor's new download module will be groups access based

I love hearing new tidbits... Yeah Magical Trevor!

- |\\/|ystic

Ubuntu 14.04.1/Apache 2/5.5.38/5.5.9/9.4.0.0

Is there a way to turn off the requirement to fill in the email field upon new user registration?

SEARCH the WIKI

I really want to figure this part out. For the way I think the site will be laid out to people - I must be able to eliminate the email field requirement from user registration...

thanks for your help everyone!

SEARCH the WIKI

tuta wrote
Is there a way to turn off the requirement to fill in the email field upon new user registration?

In the Administration Menu, under Members, select Members Config.

In there you will find all the configurations you need to set up your new members. Set Use email Activation to No and then users will not have to have an e-mail.

Good luck,
Mike Yurick

Win2k