Support ⇒ New installations ⇒ Install.php (or any other file) shows a blank page ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexNew installations

Install.php (or any other file) shows a blank page Reply to topic

Hey,
I tried to install dragonfly on my testaccount.
The first problem was the .htaccess-file wich I deleted for the first time(at the moment I'm trying to fix it with my host) because I want to see the cms before I care with detailed security.

After that I got (as some other guys here) a blank install.php.(Could it be a timeout!?)
My host says he fulfils the requiremnts for dragonfly and has no explaination for the problem(s).
So do you have any suggestions?
My phpinfo
Edited because of a spelling misstake:
My Page / Dragonfly Directory

(If someone wants to try his luck i could give him the account pws.)
When there is no solution for my install.php, is there any possibility to install dragonfly manually?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
FreeBSD/Installed(version=???)/4.0.24/4.3.10/9.0.2

Last edited by kogein on Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

You use SecureSSI which is based on PHP 4.3.10

Also your dragonfly dir gives me a 404

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

DJMaze wrote
You use SecureSSI which is based on PHP 4.3.10

Just a statement!? Or a reason for my problem?
DJMaze wrote

Also your dragonfly dir gives me a 404

The spelling misstake in my url should be fixed.

First check if you have access to the apache/php 'error_log' file and read it.
There's probably a "parse error" mentioned in there

I asked my host and he said I have no access.
(and I think i won't get it without a serios reason)

What's the next step to try?

We have a few files that surpress error_reporting
Mostly when error_reporting = 0 it just shows a blank page without any error info.
We have this as default to everyone because we use our own special debug handling routines.
The reasons:
- don't give anyone a fullpath disclosure when a error occures to prevent fullpath hack attempts
- ONLY admins can see the debugging below the footer IF a error, warning or notice occures

The files that call error_reporting() :
- .htaccess
- includes/cmsinit.inc
- includes/classes/cpg_debugger.php

To test how PHP error_reporting is setup by default create a "test.php" which contains
<?php echo "die
Then when you open the file thru the browser is should show something like
Parse error line 0

If not then replace test.php with
<?php error_reporting(E_ALL); require('includes/cmsinit.inc');

If it shows no errors and doesn't redirect to install.php then something in SecureSSI (the based PHP) is realy screwey and is not conform the PHP rules.
Then your host most debug the server and find the cause of the problem since you don't have access to it.

test.php(I named it simply t.php) was succesful:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /usr/export/www/vhosts/funnetwork/hosting/kogein/t.php on line 1

What shall I do now?
Set error_reporting to 1?

I also have this problem.

Usually I use Fantastico to install but my ISP doesnt have your application on his portals list.

Im not sure what the problem is===
(1) Mysql database incorrectly created?
(2) File upload incomplete?

Last time I did this I had some instructions for creating the database which I found on the internet and I am sure there was more than 2 steps. I created the database and added myself as a user but I didnt create any tables manually....

I am not very technically minded. So when you offer suggestions please keep it simple for me and assume I am new at this kind of stuff

Operating system Linux Apache version 1.3.36 (Unix) MySQL version 4.0.27-standard CPG-Nuke 9.0.6.1 PHP version 4.4.2

I read the advice you gave in the posts above and I didn't understand it at all.

Help please.

Operating system Linux Apache version 1.3.36 (Unix) MySQL version 4.0.27-standard CPG-Nuke 9.0.6.1 PHP version 4.4.2

When I point my browser to install.php I get a blank page. I posted a request for help in the sticky section where this problem was already listed but so far no one has even responded. Im feeling a bit frustrated!!!!!.

Im not very good with parse errors and mysql so can someone help. I have no idea what to do

Ok I reinstalled everything and tonight I get this message:

The connection to the database server failed, sorry for the inconvenience

We should be back shortly

and a blue coloured strip across the top. So now we have SOMETHING on the page but just no connection...

Could there be a problem with my mysql database?

Check your sql server is running - a hosting issue.
(assuming you set database permissions correctly)

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Ok will check both issues...Im a novice at database creation because usually I use the programs on Fantastico...

Well Im not sure I have created the database correctly and as Im not getting any help with that issue I have given up trying to install it.

Made a new clean install and have same problem.

Direct after installning no problems in the admin area. Made som changes and uploaded a langauage file. The day after however, I can´t run the admin.php. A blank page appears. Seems to me that something in the admin.php kills the execution.

Trying to enter dragonfly index.php shows the message that the site is under maintenace.

Can my ip been banned in the security area? How to set my ip as non banned?

Linux/Apache 1.3.37/MySQL 5.0.41/PHP 4.4.7/Dragonfly 9.2.1