Support ⇒ Requests :: Archives ⇒ coppermine groups intergrated into DF groups :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexRequests

Archived ⇒ coppermine groups intergrated into DF groups

Hi,

Currently, the groups set in coppermine are seperate from the groups used in the rest of the dragonfly. I know that DJMaze explained that this is due to the fact that they wanted to get the core functionality of dragonfly completed first and that later on they could solidify the user management aspect.

When is this functionality planned on being implemented in the project?

Thanks! Very Happy

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Debian Linux/apache 1.3/4.0.23_Debian-1-log/4.3.10-2/9.0.6.1

Out of interest I would also like to know if this is going to be implemented or not?

Dev Team,

please don't take this question the wrong way because i'm
not hassleing "when will this be done" ect,
but mereley asking if it has been decided if it will or will
not be done at some stage, as I have seen many previous/old
post asking simular questions with no reply.

Cheers.

OS-Linux/Apache-1.3.33(Unix)/MySQL-4.0.22/PHP-4.3.10/CPGNuke-Dragonfly9.0.6.1

Śyama_Dāsa was working towards this. Like you I wish there was a cvs/ changelog/ recent forumspost, but there just isn't. It will be done when it's done, if it will be done. There's only so much they can do in their spare time.

Śyama_Dāsa wrote
My plans include integrating the site groups features with the coppermine groups features as well as changing the templating to match the rest of the package i.e. $cpgtpl ( which allows for caching for speed )

Read more

Śyama_Dāsa wrote
I have been working on integrating the template class in displayimage...other files after that...I plan to take a look at djdevon3's coppermine templates to see if i can integrate some those ideas... after this I will look at integrating more of the standalones features and integrating groups

Read more

Linux/Apache/5.0.24/5/9.1 CVS

First of all,

alva thankyou for the response!
It's very much appreciated.

Like you I wish there was a cvs/ changelog/ recent forumspost, but there just isn't.

Indeed, although this would be nice it is understandable
with the amount that the team allready have to do, hence my
being greatful for your response to the above question.

There's only so much they can do in their spare time.

Again, absolutely I agree which is why I previously wrote,

please don't take this question the wrong way because i'm
not hassleing "when will this be done" ect,
but mereley asking if it has been decided if it will or will
not be done at some stage

Because I did not want to be just another person hassleing
when will this or that be completed on the forums.

I do appreciate that everyone involved puts a lot of time and effort in to this project off there own back,
which is great for people like myself who are looking for
a feature packed cms.

I just wanted to try and establish if it had been decided that this will become a feature or not.

So once again thanks for your reply.

OS-Linux/Apache-1.3.33(Unix)/MySQL-4.0.22/PHP-4.3.10/CPGNuke-Dragonfly9.0.6.1

i asked this nearly 2 years ago www.cpgnuke.com/Forums...html#13402

CMS Version 9.1.2.1HP Version 4.4.4MySQL Version 4.1.22-standard (client: 4.1.22

sheeeeeeeeeeesh!

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Can any one tell me how to do it? Will it work the same way as Coppermine is allready setup if you want it to work with phpBB?

CentOS/1.3.34/4.0.25/4.4.1/9.0.6.1

I am not to good with mysql but couldnt you just change the script in the df groups to call from the same data table as coppermine groups?

Multiple Setups

Dizfunkshunal wrote
I am not to good with mysql but couldnt you just change the script in the df groups to call from the same data table as coppermine groups?

Are you suggesting moving all Dragonfly groups into the Coppermine data structure?

Dragonfly Groups are open, closed, or hidden and have a moderator. I can't tell you how the Coppermine system is set up, even though I have used the system a couple of times. And I never really studied the two database structures. But... I'm sure the developers had good reasons why not to build on the Coppermine Groups system. 😄

Linux/Apache/5.0.24/5/9.1 CVS

thank you. It would be nice to have the groups combined tho. I hope we will see it in the future.

Multiple Setups

bump Very Happy

Debian Linux/apache 1.3/4.0.23_Debian-1-log/4.3.10-2/9.0.6.1

It's supposed to be "in progress" just like templating is, but that's starting to wear a bit thin now Sad

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

is it in delay? Sad if you have more people are working on it, your can get done quickly?

Firefox is my Favorite Browser

Apache/1.3.34 (Unix)/4.0.25-standard/4.4.1/CVS

Good things comes to those who wait.

Multiple Setups

alva wrote

Are you suggesting moving all Dragonfly groups into the Coppermine data structure?

Dragonfly Groups are open, closed, or hidden and have a moderator.

... I'm sure the developers had good reasons why not to build on the Coppermine Groups system. 😄

Groups?
Groups as in "ad hoc" mini-communities that a user can elect to join (or can be invited to join by the group's moderator)?
OR
Groups, as in, "usergroups" such that one's permissions to do things, and availability of features, is determined by the group(s) the user account is assigned to?

I'm interested in hearing how further "groups" functionality would be put to use.

DragonflyCMS version 9.1.1.0