Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Gamers Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ Looking for MMO Guild Roster :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Gamers Modules & Blocks ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Looking for MMO Guild Roster

Does anyone know of a decent MMO Guild Roster module that has been/ccould be ported to Dragonfly?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.4.26 / Apache 1.3.33 / MySQL 4.0.22 / PHP 4.3.10 / CPGNuke 9

There is an everquest roster module in the downloads section.
Could start with that.

www.dragonflycms.com/D...d=148.html

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

That's a nice module, but it's EQ II Specific. I'm looking for something to use with City of Heroes.

maybe try modifying it? that's a nasty module to try to put together. it would be a custom module same as the eq module. beyond my level.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

The problem with a module like that one is that it scrapes data to form the list. City of Heroes has no data to scrape from at this point.

Something where users could manually add their characters is what I'm looking for. Something more along the lines of the Clan Roster you are working on might work better for me.

I would be greatly intrested in this to.

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

I am working on an EQ Roster module... will be fully integrated into DragonFly and is based on no modules out there (simply looked at how others coded the modules to do this one).

I plan on having it done hopefully (/crosses fingers) by the end of this week, at that time, I will post where you can download it at. Smile

Should also note that I'm writing so it can be modified for other games as well, as I'm sure not everyone out there wants it JUST for EQ... will be my first module for DragonFly, so look for it soon!

Webhost/2.0.54/4.1/5.0.4/9.0.5.0

Alareth wrote
The problem with a module like that one is that it scrapes data to form the list. City of Heroes has no data to scrape from at this point.

Yeah, Roster Master is pretty specific to EQ2. Which is great if you're an EQ2 guild, but it's not as much of a starting point if all the table data has to be generated by user input.

Your best bet will be looking at what Counter-Strike and other gaming clans have created for roster management. Unfortunately, you may find that a lot of those modules are for CPG-Nuke or PHPNuke, and will need some work to port them (not as much for CPG-Nuke, quite possibly a bit for 'Nuke). I found:

www.treasurecoastdesig...s&id=3

But it's for CPG-Nuke 8.x Sad

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

Would my mTeam module suit your needs?

In use here:-

www.sinistercows.co.uk...?name=Team

Download here:-

www.markroper.co.uk/in...amp;did=17

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk

Yeah I'm using mteam right now for my clan. I switched from the ofx roster which is at treasurecoastdesigns and only on 8.x mteam does what i need for a first person shooter clan. i dont know how well it will translate to an mmporg. i think wow has scrapes available because it's built on the eq engine so anyone wanting a wow guild roster a great place to start would be the eq roster master available through dragonfly downloads section.

honestly i would have ported ofx roster to 9.x but i found mteam and it's 10x better.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

World of Warcraft is Blizzard. Big grin

Everquest II is from the evil Sony Online... Evil or Very Mad

I do not think WoW has implemented any scrapes specific for guilds -- but there is a free alternative to doing any work (unless you want to) at Allakazham

SEARCH the WIKI
How to Port for Dragonfly

Linux/Apache/MySQL 4.1.22/PHP 4.4.6/9.1.2.1

djdevon3 wrote
i think wow has scrapes available because it's built on the eq engine

Shocked I sense a great disturbance in the Force, as if the respective VPs of Marketing at SoE and Blizzard's heads just exploded...

EQ2 isn't just a hack of the EQ engine. And it's nothing at all like WoW, which is a direct competator published by a different company (yes, all three are fantasy-themed MMORPGs, you know what I mean). Actually neither the game client nor the backend really makes the EQ2Players guild and player profile stuff possible - it's really just a separate application (and profit center for SoE - some of the extra Web features are pay). Considering they state up front the EQ2Players stats lag behind the game by hours, I expect they replicate the player database to the EQ2Players system and then just run the guild and player profiles off of the subset of the data (the website and EQ2Players database servers are probably part of a large server farm separate from the game themselves).

I don't play WoW, so I can't comment on whether they offer anything even remotely similiar. If they do, they don't advertise it like Sony does all over their webpage.

It's on EQ, and not EQ2, but IEEE Spectrum had a piece on the engineering required to support EQ's IT operations which might be of interest to propeller-heads.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

Well module is done and here's a quick rundown of how it works:

Admins are allowed to change the following through the admin interface:
* Minimum Character Level
* Maximum Character Level
* Minimun Trade Level (for tradeskills)
* Maximum Trade Level (for tradeskills)
* Limit the number of 'alts' a person can have in the roster.
* Change the group that is allowed to 'add characters' to the roster.
* Change the group that is allowed to modify any character on the roster (ie. Officers, etc)
* Ability to change the Classes (pre-loaded with EQ data)
* Ability to change the Trades (pre-loaded with EQ data)
* Ability to change the Expansions (pre-loaded with EQ data)
* Ability to change the Keys (pre-loaded with EQ data)
* Ability to change the Flags (pre-loaded with EQ data)
* Ability to change the Factions (pre-loaded with EQ data)

In addition to this, whatever group the Admin designates to be able to add a character on the roster will be able to modify ONLY their characters. The group that has been selected as the 'officer' group can make modifications to any character on the roster.

People also have the option of making their character's "private" so that people will not see a magelo link, level, or aa value from the roster. This makes the character private to everyone but an officer on the roster.

There is also a LOT of reporting built into this thing as well... enjoy it!

This is the first version of this module for me and I hope it meets the Security Requirements for the CMS Smile

Can download the module in this thread as well as my guild website: www.perfectorder.info

Enjoy! Smile

Webhost/2.0.54/4.1/5.0.4/9.0.5.0

oh come on you know that blizzard either reverse enginered soe's eq engine or licensed it. Wink

fizbo that module is for eq2 or eq1 or both? i think everyone has moved on to eq2 but i'm just guessing because i don't play eq and never will.

i checked out allakhazam and it does mention something they did called the wowreader. wow.allakhazam.com/Wowreader.html
looks like it uses a mod within the game to collect data then send it to allakhazam using a username/password type system to verify the data. i did email blizzard techs and ask them if they had a stats parser and they just directed me to the UI Customization forum. perhaps something to do with that LOA UI mod whatever the heck that stands for. unless blizzard just comes out and says this is how you do it then i don't see anything for php/mysql sites on the horizon.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

This is a very good forum for World of Warcraft things that would be beneficial for creating a roster module in CPG Dragonfly CMS.

CLICK

SEARCH the WIKI
How to Port for Dragonfly

Linux/Apache/MySQL 4.1.22/PHP 4.4.6/9.1.2.1