Your computer will be prevented from running shareware or freeware ⇒ News ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
TCPA stands for Trusted Computing Platform Alliance. For the technology we will speak from TCP (The trusted computing platform). This plans that every computer will have a TPM (Trusted Platform Module), also known as Fritz-Chip, built-in. At later development stages, these functions will be directly included into CPUs, graphiccards, harddisks, soundcards, bios and so on. This will secure that the computer is in a TCPA-conform state and that he checks that it's always in this state. This means: On the first level comes the hardware, on the second comes TCPA and then comes the user. The complete communication works with a 2048 bit strong encryption, so it's also secure enough to make it impossible to decrypt this in realtime for a longer time. This secures that the TCPA can prevent any unwanted software and hardware.
The long term result will be that it will be impossible to use hardware and software that's not approved by the TCPA. Presumably there will be high costs to get this certification and that these would be too much for little and mid-range companies. Therefore open-source and freeware would be condemned to die, because without such a certification the software will simply not work. In the long term only the big companies would survive and could control the market as they would like. Some could think that it should be possible to get around this security. But probably they would be proved they're wrong. Until now there're no such hardware-implemented security systems and actual security systems have to work offline. This would be changed with TCP. The rights and licenses would be central managed by the TCPA (USA?). And as soon a violation is noticed, they will get notified. Read the chapter "The bills" to get an overview about the possible resulting consequences. Read the full story here
The encryption is simply to high, there isn't a computer fast enough to run a "virtual machine" like that, and there won't be one anytime in the near future. (Which by the time there will be stronger encryption on it so it still won't be ably to work.) And though the law probablly won't pass, tcpa software won't work on other comps, and all the big devlopers will program for tcpa compliant computers.
ummm i'll just stick to what i have now : )
As with most blades or daggers this one too is double-edged.
Average Score: 4.33
Please take a second and vote for this article:
· Added: unfinished user delete option Bugfix: event listener could be string, forcing callable fails that Bugfix: get_class_basename() undefined $this
· Bugfix: https://dragonflycms.org/Forums/viewtopic/t=25673.html
· Bugfix: upgrade error table classes_events does not exist
· Bugfix: https://dragonflycms.org/Forums/viewtopic/t=25671.html
· bugfix: "mkdir(): File exists" https://dragonflycms.org/Forums/viewtopic/t=25670.html
· Bugfix: self::$_poodle_events_classes
· Added: ban MX outlook.com (not enabled yet) https://dragonflycms.org/Forums/viewtopic/t=25667.html
· Implement the delete Identity functionality
· Added: idea for deleting user data based on discussion at https://dragonflycms.org/Forums/viewtopic/t=25666.html
· Bugfix: tal:repeat property key not accessible due to tal:path() changes Bugfix: e-mail fixbody used forced http instead of detecting https