- Page 43 ⇒ News ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Five state counties and two cities have filed a class-action lawsuit against the software giant for using its monopoly power to deny government agencies free choice in software products and charge high prices. The legal action, filed by the city and county of San Francisco, said that Microsoft's tactics caused harm to government users of its Windows operating system and Word and Excel software.
I've upgraded all aspects of my server and Upstate Templates is now a multi-portal system. This will allow me to generate a few bucks for the costs, offer a mixed bag of free and premium content, and promote dynamic Swishmax and Flash in general. The only way to effectively test code for a portal is to tap into it live and the only way to do that is run one. The first 3 installed are CPG-Nuke (of course!), Xoops 2 and RunCMS (eXoops). Every item for CPG-Nuke is a dual purpose item that also has all files commented for use in PHP-Nuke. All items are tested on a PHP-Nuke portal I run that does not take hits but is used for development. I plan on taking on 1-2 more opensource portals and have already downloaded eNvolution and e107 to install and toss around with to see what all the hullabaloo is about ;)
TCPA stands for Trusted Computing Platform Alliance. For the technology we will speak from TCP (The trusted computing platform). This plans that every computer will have a TPM (Trusted Platform Module), also known as Fritz-Chip, built-in. At later development stages, these functions will be directly included into CPUs, graphiccards, harddisks, soundcards, bios and so on. This will secure that the computer is in a TCPA-conform state and that he checks that it's always in this state. This means: On the first level comes the hardware, on the second comes TCPA and then comes the user. The complete communication works with a 2048 bit strong encryption, so it's also secure enough to make it impossible to decrypt this in realtime for a longer time. This secures that the TCPA can prevent any unwanted software and hardware.
There are a lot of questions why we don't use Internet Explorer and actualy hate the damn thing. To give some more specific details why click on read more for full details.
· Revert: a TPL change created "Unable to find variable" when only checking if exists
· Added: somesort of Grimpow's feature request in https://dragonflycms.org/Forums/viewtopic/t=25701.html
· Merge some Poodle updates
· Get rid of Fix_Quotes
· I think almost everything is now converted to L10N system
· Prepare: language strings Removed: Yahoo Messenger
· Prepare: all 'defined' language strings references to new L10N system (except coppermine)
· Added: MailboX verification due to Microsoft keep banning IP's Now visitors with a hotmail/outlook account can't register as the e-mails will never arrive anyway